Halloween Game Ideas

Lounge By JRAE33 Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 3:07pm by step0nmi

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 11:50am
post #1 of 9

We are having about 20 4 - 5 - 6 year olds over for a Halloween party today (in about 7 hours) and I still don't know what games to play. We have a couple of crafts (decorating their treat bags and decorating pumpkins with stickers and markers), we are reading some Halloween stories, having snacks, etc...but I need some game ideas (and some prizes..still need to go to the dollar store this morning). Any suggestions? BTW, we will be inside our house so keep that in mind icon_lol.gif

8 replies
Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 9

How about classic birthday party games with a halloween twist? You can do pin the tail on the black cat or pin the hat on the witch. Just find a picture you canprint out.

You could always do musial chairs to the, Monster Mash. Although that is a lot of kids for that one!

I'll try to think of some more!

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 9

I don't know if this is too late for you but....
When I was a young we tied an apple on a string and hung it up and tried to bite the apple without using your hands - Hanging it from the ceiling in the middle of the room or something so you can't just lean it against the wall to steady it.
The other one I remember was putting an apple in a basin of water and having to get it out, again without using your hands. That one ends up with lots of water on the floor but just have a towel and mop near by!

Good luck with the party!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 9

type in kids Halloween games in Yahoo!
These is a good ones from www.kaboose.com!

Spider Web

Supplies needed:
Ball of black yarn

Children stand in a circle. A ball of yarn is thrown across to another child. The child holds on to a piece of the yarn and then throws the ball across to another child. Continue until a spider web is created.

Mummy Wrap

Supplies needed:
Toilet paper on a roll
Teacher or adult helper Chair

If you desire to make this a relay, then you will need a roll of toilet paper for each team, an adult, and a chair.

Each child takes turn wrapping up the adult as a mummy. Don't forget to unwrap them!

Ghost Waiter

Supplies needed:
Balloon for each team
Paper plate for each team

Divide children into teams. Set up a course for them to race on. The child has to balance a balloon on a paper plate while walking it down the course and back to their team.

Trick or Treat Game

Supplies needed:
Paper
Pencil

Have the children write the words "Trick or Treat" on a piece of paper. Set a timer. See how many words they can make out of "Trick or Treat". Let children eat treats while they create the words.

JRAE33 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the ideas. I have all the treats ready and I'm on my way to the dollar store for prizes. When I get back I'll decide what we're doing...the party is in two hours!

JRAE33 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 9

The party is over and all went well. I had lots of fun...and I think the kids did, too icon_lol.gif I really liked the idea of the Spider Web game, but in our small town you can't buy yarn. OH, well, put it in my game file for next year. We ended up playing slimey eyeball (hot potato, but with an eyeball ball) and Who's the ghost (divide into two teams, have one kid go under a white blanket and see if the other team can guess who's the ghost). For the age bracket, it worked out perfectly. The kids were all so well behaved and used their manners. I love doing things like this! Thanks for the help! Jodie

step0nmi Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:18pm
post #7 of 9

Glad things went well!

How come you can't buy yarn...or even a heavy string? You can get that at Walmart....I am sorry...I just found that a little weird.

JRAE33 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 1:36pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

Glad things went well!

How come you can't buy yarn...or even a heavy string? You can get that at Walmart....I am sorry...I just found that a little weird.

icon_lol.gif Because in our town we don't have a WalMart...we have to drive half an hour to get there and I didn't have time to do that that morning. We have a grocery store (which is also a florist, pharmacy, cell phone vendor and hardware), a dollar store, and a huge dollar/discount type store located in a big warehouse. None of them have/had yarn. Perhaps I could have gotten twine? Hadn't thought of that icon_lol.gif No reason to be sorry icon_lol.gif If you don't live in a small town like we do you might not realize how little is readily available. At least WalMart is only half hour away!!

step0nmi Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:07pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAE33

Quote:
Quote:

Glad things went well!

icon_lol.gif Because in our town we don't have a WalMart...we have to drive half an hour to get there and I didn't have time to do that that morning. We have a grocery store (which is also a florist, pharmacy, cell phone vendor and hardware), a dollar store, and a huge dollar/discount type store located in a big warehouse. None of them have/had yarn. Perhaps I could have gotten twine? Hadn't thought of that icon_lol.gif No reason to be sorry icon_lol.gif If you don't live in a small town like we do you might not realize how little is readily available. At least WalMart is only half hour away!!

wow! i understand...yes, I guess that would be small town. Never thought Of that since I USE to think I lived in a small town but, walmart is right up the road from me. icon_sad.gif But, maybe I am because we had trick or treat YESTERDAY (sun) If Halloween falls during the week we always have it the sun. before! has been like that for over 30 years because of bad things that use to happen! that's weird to mee!

Glad you guys had fun without having to do too many games!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%