Biggest Pregnancy Brain Screw Up Ever!

Decorating By mamabaer Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 5:43am by lionladydi

mamabaer Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 8

Oh my. I cannot believe what I did. I was laughing so hard at myself I was crying. I made the WASC recipe for the first time. I was thinking that I needed to make a recipe and a half's worth for the cake I was making. I dump all three cake mixes in a bowl. Realize it is way way too much to mix all together. So I half the mixes (cause I don't know how many cups of dry mix is in one box, so I can't do the recipe as one whole recipe and one half recipe anymore.) So now I have to figure out what one and a half recipes is in half (or 3/4 of a recipe). That took forever. I should get a medal for figuing that out while pregnant.

I start adding 3/4 worth of the ingredients to the first batch of batter...only to screw up and add the full amount of water for both batches! Now what!? So I get a HUGE boiling pot and dump everything in...both batches worth and continue. I stir it by hand enough to incorporate it and then half it again to finish mixing in the KA. Such a disaster. And my kitchen shows it. From all of the transfering back and forth there was stuff top it off I dripped a large glob between my stove and my countertop...sinking down to where I cannot clean it. NICE! And I just realized that somwhere along the way I was way over estimating the amount I needed to make since I only wanted a double layer 9"x13"! total pregnancy brain. SO I basically went through all of that for nothing. At least I have an extra couple of cakes for the family...AHHHH...should have just gone to bed early.

Well, I hope this makes you smile at least...sure gave me a good laugh. At least I wasn't crying by the end! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
elvis Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:16am
post #2 of 8

Too funny icon_biggrin.gif My brain hurts just from reading that! Props to you for not screaming and hurling everything into the back yard-- and now you have extra cake- yeah!

Narie Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:30am
post #3 of 8
Quote: top it off I dripped a large glob between my stove and my counter top...sinking down to where I cannot clean it. NICE!

That is why I have a slide in stove and built in cubby for the refrigerator. Been there, done that-aint'a gonna happen anymore.

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:38am
post #4 of 8

How Funny, glad you can still smile about it ! Nothing wrong with extra cake for the kiddies !

pastryjen Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 12:41am
post #5 of 8

Oh Mannn! At least you aren't crying! Better to have too much than not enough!

VannaD Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:34am
post #6 of 8

Thats funny! I cant do that recipe and a half thing or anythig else, too much math! Enjoy all of your cake!

JanH Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:16am
post #7 of 8
lionladydi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 5:43am
post #8 of 8

Gave us a good laugh and makes us realize we aren't the only ones who have brain freezes. You don't have a monopoly on it for sure. icon_lol.gif

My mom's boss did that making maple syrup one time in her restaurant. Instead of 2C sugar and 1C water, she started out with 2C water and 1C sugar. When she figured out what she had done, she had to add enough sugar to it to make it right. When my mom went in to work there was gallons and gallons of maple syrup sitting around.

Next week when you get an order for a cake and you have one already baked in the freezer, you'll be glad you screwed up.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes better. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%