Hilarious Cake!!!!!

Decorating By frog80 Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 6:35am by BCJean

frog80 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 9

I just got this from my MIL. Her sister had a going away party for one of there co workers and they ordered a cake from WalMart. It was suppose to say "Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We will Miss You," well, this is what they got. . .
LL

8 replies
meancat Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 9

hahahahahha Wow!!! That cracks me up!! That is just down right sad! hahahahahaha

JoAnnB Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 9

It is also funny in the four other posts about this cake. icon_biggrin.gif

KathysCC Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:02am
post #4 of 9

Good grief this cake gets around! It has been emailed and posted and blogged. Not only that but the lady who ordered the cake sure has a lot of relatives and has lived in a lot of states. I think it's officially an urban legend now.

all4cake Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:21am
post #5 of 9

That is hilarious!
I know things like this do happen.

One woman came into Sam's when I worked there and said that she went to pick up the cake she'd ordered from Wal~Mart that morning only to find

"No writing. Customer to place model car here"

WRITTEN ON THE CAKE!

She was begging like for "Something....Anything" that she could work with.

She said that she'd talked with the manager and they found her order....and that was written on the order so that's what she wrote on the cake. They told her she didn't have to take it. She took it just in case someone else couldn't get her some kind of replacement.

I had tears in my eyes and kept busting out laughing sporatically while I decorated her a cake.

BCJean Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:21am
post #6 of 9

I bet that Wal Mart is getting a lot of business out of that cake. I can just imagine that everyone is ordering from them...hoping they get a mistake cake they can post and gets laughs from.

I do wonder if that decorator still has a job there.

all4cake Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:28am
post #7 of 9

Every now and then(I ain't sayin' I was right or mature for doin' it either), I would write EXACTLY what was written on the "cake inscription" line.

For all I knew, it could've been an inside joke with the one who placed the order.

I did it when I got fed up with ignorance. Some people wrote their own name on that line....soooooooooo, I wrote their name on the cake.

Sometimes, there were just too many orders and other cakes to be done to be second guessing what a member may have wanted.

Momkiksbutt Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:32am
post #8 of 9

Hilarious!!!!

BCJean Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 6:35am
post #9 of 9

I soooo understand what you are saying all4cake.
If you have never worked in one of those fast paced bakeries, you have no idea what it is like trying to decipher some of those cake orders. I know I do one once where in the "inscription" box, they wrote, "H B Karen Green". so that is what I wrote on the cake. It was supposed to say H B Karen (written in green). It just so happens I knew a lady named Karen Green so it didn't seem strange to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%