Red Velvet "pumpkin" Cake

Decorating By dyann3 Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm by QueLinda

dyann3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyann3 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 5

I was going to make a Red Velvet cake shaped like a pumpin to take to work for our Fall party but I was wondering if I could color Cream Cheese Icing Orange and if the Crusting Cream Cheese icing recipies will crust enough to put the indentions in it and if I can use the Viva paper towel method on Cream Cheese icing. Sorry for all the questions I am very new at all this. Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 5

You can colour the icing orange and I would assume that if you do use a crusting cream cheese icing, you can use the viva paper towel method. I saw a recipe just added into the recipe section.

QueLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueLinda Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

I've used the crusting cream cheese frosting before and yes you can use the viva paper towel method, and IMO it does crust enough to make the indentions. HTH

gailjoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailjoe Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 5

there is really a cream cheese icing that crusts? is that recipe on this site and under what name icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif thanks gail, God bless

QueLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueLinda Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjoe

there is really a cream cheese icing that crusts? is that recipe on this site and under what name icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif thanks gail, God bless

go to the recipes tab and search crusting cream cheese, IT's GREAT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%