Question On Cherry Pie Cupcakes? Anyone Made These Before?

Decorating By swick55 Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 3:55pm by indydebi

swick55 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 5

I saw these made in a Wilton book. I don't have the book in front of me. I am making these today for a Family Jamboree at church tomorrow and wondering if there is anything special to keeping the pie filling from running off the cupcake? Just put a little bit or do you make a little well on top of the cupcake for the filling to stay in. I hope this doesn't sound stupid. Thanks. By the way I am going to use blackberry filling on white cupcakes (out of cherry). It sounds good now. Hopefully will be..... icon_lol.gif

4 replies
Cakepro Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 5

I've made them, and I used a cake recipe so the cupcakes were flat. I used a spoonful of Comstock dark cherry pie filling and didn't have any problems with it running or anything. I haven't used blackberry filling so I can't comment on that.

They are so super cute! Have fun!

Sherri

kelleym Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 5

These were demonstrated at our recent cake club meeting - I believe the demonstrator dug out a little well to put the cherries in. Super cute! I took a picture with my phone - it is not great, but gives you an idea how they look.
LL

2sdae Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 5

the cc member merissa made some recently that were gorgeous. She is very friendly and helpful you could ask her also. Here is a link to hers.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1011903.html

indydebi Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 5

I'm glad I popped in here. Those are so cute! 2sdae, thanks for the link. I've marked it as a favorite and will be giving them a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%