Try My Little Secret

Decorating By jibbies Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm by LoriMc

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 21

I mix 8oz of cream bouquet or butavan with 8oz of corn syrup and put it back in the corn syrup bottle and shake well. Then when I make My cakes I add 1 tablespoon for each box of cake mix that I am using. I'm not tried the wedding bouquet (haven't been able to find it locally) but it would probably work just as well as the othe two.
Talk about a moist flavorful cake, I get raves for this.
Try it!
Let me know what you think.

jibbies

20 replies
cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 21

Sounds great! I have cake for the weekend. I think I'll try it with the wedding bouquet. I keep forgetting to try the corn syrup tip, so thanks for posting.

From what I've seen, you have to order the WB from the lady in Louisana. It's her custom flavor mix. It is YUMMY! And she is so sweet.

here's the link to the thread about it.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-418353.html

Wita58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wita58 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 21

Thanks for the tip.
Now is that light corn syrup, or the regular one?
Thanks

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 21

Wita,

I think there are just two corn syrups: the lighter color and the darker color.

The lighter version is clear and colorless and has a sweet flavor.

The darker contains molasses and a stronger flavor.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 21

why the corn syrup? I hadn't hear this before. So far I've been using just straight creme boquet.

jibbies Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:49am
post #6 of 21

Here's the answer to the two questions;

I use light corn syrup.

Years ago a lady told me if I would put a tablespoon of CS in each one of my boxes of cake mix it would be more moist. I did it off and on, she had lots of occasions to have some of my cakes and it never failed when I didn't put the CS in she would always know it and say 'forgot the corn syrup this time didn't you?". so its for moistness.

jibbies

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 5:14am
post #7 of 21

When you put the creme bouquet and corn syrup back in the bottle; is the corn syrup bottle empty, or a full bottle?

Thanks

jibbies Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:19am
post #8 of 21

Hi sweetreasures,
When I mix the two together and put it back in the bottle it's full. I use 8oz of corn syrup and 8ozs of cream bouquet. the corn syrup bottle I use is a 16 oz bottle. Of course that leaves 8oz of leftover corn syrup but when I first did it I actually had a partial bottle of CS so I just put the excess CS in that bottle.
Make sure you label the CS bottle, what the flavoring is icon_lol.gif I almost forgot to do that in the beginning.

jibbies

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:30am
post #9 of 21

Okay, I may be spouting off here, but to avoid confusion, I'd just get another bottle and label it! You can buy empty bottles everywhere. Less confusion. Thank you for the tip. I had never heard of the CS in mixes let alone mixing the two. Will have to try it.

jibbies Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:37am
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

Okay, I may be spouting off here, but to avoid confusion, I'd just get another bottle and label it! You can buy empty bottles everywhere. Less confusion. Thank you for the tip. I had never heard of the CS in mixes let alone mixing the two. Will have to try it.

To each his own thumbs_up.gif

jibbies

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:48am
post #11 of 21

I haven't even tried the creme bouquet yet I've heard so much about it. I guess this gives me another reason to try it. Thanks for the tip.

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 11:57am
post #12 of 21

Guess I am going to have to try this one.

Thanks

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:01pm
post #13 of 21

Hmmm...I'm going to have to try this out! Thanks for the tip icon_smile.gif

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:05pm
post #14 of 21

What a quick, easy way to jaz up a cake mix. Thanks!!!

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 12:10pm
post #15 of 21

I will definitely be trying this one! Thanks.

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm
post #16 of 21

Do you use this on all cake mix flavors, even chocolate..I'm not sure if it would taste well with chocolate?? or does it work better for some and not others?? I may just give it a go!

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 4:26pm
post #17 of 21

I tried this in my cake yesterday, using the wedding bouquet flavoring. Definitely more moist in handling the cake. Haven't tasted the cake yet, as it is for my class project due tomorrow. Smells heavenly!

And, it baked up very level. Don't know if that is just a coincidence. I did use the lower temperature for a longer time technique

jibbies Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabear1125

Do you use this on all cake mix flavors, even chocolate..I'm not sure if it would taste well with chocolate?? or does it work better for some and not others?? I may just give it a go!

I only use the cream bouquet mix with white and lemon cake mix, I use the butavan mix with the others. thumbs_up.gif

jibbies

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 11:39am
post #19 of 21

Oh Thanks! I think I am gonna give this a try! icon_biggrin.gif

peragano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peragano Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:11pm
post #20 of 21

That is a great idea. I haven't tried the creme bouquet or CS before. I don't use box mixes, but I'm sure it will work for scratch cakes too. I'll let you know how it works.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 5:31pm
post #21 of 21

I've never heard the corn syrup tip before. I use the cake mix doctor recipe and it is already moist, but I will definitely try this next time. I'd like to try it in a chocolate cake also, since to me they are always on the dry side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%