I Need Help

Decorating By AJS2704 Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 12:20am by AJS2704

AJS2704 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter's 1st birthday party is tomorrow and I thought that I had everything all figured out but obviously I don't. I am doing 24 individual cakes and since it is my daughter 1st cake "experience" I don't want to over load her with sugar. I am think of using creamcheese and a strawberry glaze for hers and then use the same with Fondant for the rest of ours. I just don't use fondant enough to know if those are compatible with each other. Please if anybody knows if this works or not I would be very appreciative to know how to go about doing it if it does work. Thank you very much.

6 replies
pidge Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 7

i think it should be fine. icon_biggrin.gif i am assuming that you would use the glaze for a filling and the creamcheese as a crumb coat and then covering with fondant ... if that's the case it should be fine. if you mean something else icon_confused.gif ... well, i don't know! icon_wink.gif

jibbies Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 7

Your combo will be yummy!
I just did a wedding cake this past weekend and one of the tiers was the creamcheese/strawberry glaze mix, on strawberry cake, it was covered in fondant(Satin Ice) It was also the first tier to go!
Here it is

AJS2704 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for your help I guess that I just needed reassurance!!

AJS2704 Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 1:16am
post #5 of 7

The cake was BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for your help

pidge Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:35am
post #6 of 7

do you have pictures??? icon_lol.gif

AJS2704 Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 12:20am
post #7 of 7

I ended up not being able to get the fondant to make the shapes. The little cakes were too small to get any detail in the fondant so i just covered them. I didn't take pictures of the cakes (I should have) but my guests didn't care

Quote by @%username% on %date%