Another Colour Mist Potential Disaster.. Suggestions?

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm by Iheartcake

Iheartcake Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 6

I am in the process of making a coffin cake for a Halloween party tonight. I didn't want to colour my frosting black cause you have to use so much of it, and I'd rather not use fondant if I don't have to. So my plan was to try colour mist! I read the other post about the colour mist disaster so I followed the suggestions on that post. Well after a whole can icon_surprised.gif it's still only a purply colour, it's very splotchy, despite having the can away from the cake to avoid puddles, and letting it dry in stages. I do have another can but at the complete lack of black on this cake.. should I even bother?? I don't have time to make MMF since I have no vehicle, with no marshmallows icon_cry.gif I was thinking of just adding a cross on the top and leave it purple.. unless anyone else has a suggestion? Should I bother with the other can? And this is not a paying cake.. just something I'm bringing to the part, so no worries on upsetting a client.. I"m already upset!!!! icon_wink.gif

5 replies
crisseyann Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 6

I understand your frustration with your cake. icon_sad.gif Personally....I would leave it as is, purple and splotchy sound quite Halloweenie creepy to me! Using another can may or may not make it blacker. I would be concerned about making things worse. Good luck!

sweetness11379 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 6

I wouldn't continue with the second can it might just make it worse. I LIKE purple as a halloween color. In fact purple and orange are what I think of as standards for halloween.

DFND Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 6

I agree, leave it purple as it's just as much a Halloween color as black is. Sounds creepy to me, exactly what you want. Add some black spiders or something to it.

Iheartcake Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 6

Ok.. I was hoping I might be able to get away with it cause it is for Halloween. Thanks so much for the replies.. sometimes it's just nice to have people back-up what you're thinking icon_rolleyes.gif

Iheartcake Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 6

oooh DFND, I like the spider idea. I have to go to a dollar store anyway.. I'll pick up some of those plastic ones. Great idea!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%