Black Buttercream...black Teeth?!???

Decorating By frostedbliss Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 9:00pm by cakesbybert

frostedbliss Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 8

Hello! I am making a Halloween cake today for a child's birthday party. It will be covered in black b/c. Does this cause teeth and lips to turn black?

Thanks for the input!

7 replies
dellswife Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure, but I made red bc yesterday, and while the gel coloured my hands icon_razz.gificon_redface.gif it didn;t colour my mouth when I ate it on the cake (Or from the bowl when I was done icing icon_razz.gif )
...no wonder I haven't lost all of my baby weight icon_lol.gif

awolf24 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 8

Yeah, just the way BC is, it will turn lips and tongue black for a little while.

dellswife Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 8

Oooo, thats good to know......

cinderspritzer Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 8

I figured it probably would as all the dark blue bc I've made has turned people's mouths blue.

chovest Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 8

Give it a day or two and their lips and teeth won't be the only thing discolored! icon_smile.gif My oldest dd freaked the first time this happened! If you start with a chocolate BC then go to black it won't be nearly as bad.

frostedbliss Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:45pm
post #7 of 8

thanks everybody! I guess it will be all the more "halloweeny" with all the kids running around with black teeth and tongues! lol....

cakesbybert Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 8

Yep it will turn them black.
The kids will love it - warn the adults - some aren't as thrilled with the results of black BC as the kids! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%