Patterns On Bc, Ribbon & Silk Flowers And Leaves

Decorating By SweetObsession Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 8:45pm by swick55

SweetObsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetObsession Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 5:49am
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone. I'm doing a 3 tier wedding cake soon and want to be a little more creative but don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

I plan on doing the cake with sheer ribbon bottom borders, silk decorations (fall leaves, Japanese lanterns, bittersweet) between tiers and want a simple design on the sides of the cakes. I was thinking of alternating swirls and dots on the tiers, white on white (maybe pearls in the dots?). What's the best way to accomplish this? A local baker warned me not to try an impression mat on BC, not even crusting BC, so I was wondering if there were any "stamping" tools or tricks used or if I should do it freehand. I've never used ribbon or pearls before, either ... also wondering if sheer ribbon trimmed in satin is okay and if pearls would be too much.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Everyone here is always so helpful! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 3

i want to know too. I think i saw a show where they used those plastic stencils,(the ones people use to decorate walls etc..) placed it against the cake, and smooth buttercream over it. I've never tried it, but it worked for them. other than that, you could try to do brush embroidery on the cake instead.

swick55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swick55 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 3

I have used an impression mat many times on BC. You just have to make sure the BC has crusted enough. It isn't hard once you get the hang of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%