Oh This Is A Weird Request

Business By simplysweet72740 Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 1:11am by KlyKat

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:42am
post #1 of 5

So I have this client....she is having a baby. She wants to tell her employees that she is having a baby boy but she wants to do it in cake. So its technically not a shower cake but a welcome/congratulations cake. Thing is I don't know how to do it, I need some ideas or suggestions. Anyone wanna help??? Thanks Brandi

4 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:47am
post #2 of 5

I think you could do a cake just like for a shower cake - blue, maybe some little booties on it.

Two of my friends told their kids they were going to be big brothers in cake! I made little fondant babies on a cake. They loved it!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:55am
post #3 of 5

How about the idea with the clothesline and it says "Oh BOY" on it? Those are so totally cute!! And it would be appropriate for getting the message across!

CakeliciousCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeliciousCreations Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:06am
post #4 of 5

I am partial to the body silohuette (sp?) cakes of the pregnant women's body... maybe you could use some fondant as the dress to cover the belly but make it so that the dress splits in the middle and in between the fondant ruffles... do the sign for the boy on the belly... or something of that nature.. maybe even expose the belly a little amore nd right the word boy in blue... I dunno just an idea..

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:11am
post #5 of 5

I second what Melvira said. The clothesline cakes are soooo cute thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%