How To Color Mmf W/out Creating...

Decorating By harrison Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 1:28am by aswartzw

harrison Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 5

hi all, wondering if anyone can give me a tip for coloring mmf w/out creating air bubbles?...i have been kneading it like bread but w/ a lighter touch and still getting air...also, i'm still in need of a cream cheese butter cream recipe if anyone has that doesn't call for any shortening...thanks in advance for your guys are great! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
briannastreats Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:13am
post #2 of 5

I've been wondering how to knead mmf without getting the air bubbles also. I just keep a pin handy when I'm rolling it out, and pop the bubbles as I roll. Ever since I started that, I haven't found any bubbles after I get it onto the cake.

Charmed Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:56am
post #3 of 5

I think the best way to color MMF is to add the color when the MMF is melted

diamondjacks Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:12am
post #4 of 5

air bubbles? Are you letting it rest before each rigerous handling/ I haven't had any but I am really careful about not over handling it and if you know you want the whole thing a certain color add it right after you melt the marshmallows. That gives you the strongest color as well! hth

aswartzw Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:28am
post #5 of 5

I also add the color to the liquid part of MMF. It's so much easier.

I would start with small pieces and work in the color in pieces. It cuts down on the work. I also try not to knead it like bread because that actually puts air bubbles in it. If you just fold it over and push it together and fold it over, etc. it seems to keep air bubbles from forming.

Once I get a pretty nice chunk of colored fondant I form it into a rope as well as the uncolored and line them up and wrap them together. Then work the colors in. This also helps eliminate some of the work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%