Annoyed

Decorating By smab109 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 1:53am by 7yyrt

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone else had this happen to them? What do you do in these situations?

2 orders this week from the same woman. Cake for Tuesday, Cupcakes for Today. On Tuesday she said her daughter would pick up the cupcakes after school, around 3pm. Currently, it is 4:30pm, no one has showed and no phone call. I have called her, no call back yet. I was going to give her a deal on the cupcakes but now, I am not so sure! I have other things I need to go do!

I offered to deliver, but she refused. Ergh.

7 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 8

i have had that happen to me several times. it's funny how they can come whenever they want, but when you're not home...well it's another story!
i've learned my lesson and now tell people that they have to be here within a set time. if they aren't then they will have to wait!

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 8

I wouldn't give her a deal. Maybe the daughter forgot but they need to understand if there was a problem that they should call you. Sorry! I hope they come soon!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 8

Maybe she is on "Saxon" timeicon_smile.gif That's what we always called it when I was young and running late.

People don't *think*! I know I'm guilty of it. Many times I only think 'in a straight line' my problem, my schedule. Oh, you need me now?? icon_sad.gif Well, I'm just running late - sorry I just didn't think beyond myself.

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 8

i would be a little frustrated too!

i always deliver or they can meet me 1/2 way. since i bake out of my home, i want still maintain some idea of a private home. although, i am licensed.

sometimes, i think people might treat your home bakery as a store. they assume the door is always open. if she had told a bakery she would pick it up at 3:00 and she got there at 4:30. no sweat...as long as the bakery didn't close before then!

if you have some place to be...go. charge her as you would normally. tell her next time that if she insists on picking up herself, then she has to be on time.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 8

I would hold off on making the cake for Tuesday. She sounds like she is flaky. If she comes by on Tuesday and wants to know where her cake is, tell her that you didnt make it since they didnt bother to pick up the cupcakes and call and let you know anything.
But maybe something is going on right now and she is running late. If you dont hear from her today. Give her a call tomorrow and see what she has to say. If you still dont hear from her, dont make another thing for the woman unless you get cash up front.

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:58pm
post #7 of 8

The daughter finally called, at 5pm. Still irked that I didnt get a call from the mother, even after 2 messages, but oh well. I know from now on to be specific about pick up/drop off!

Weirdkd - the cake was for this past Tuesday. And it was the same thing..where I had to call to make sure she was getting it. I felt like a pest, but I also have two little ones and cant be making cakes just for the heck of it!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 1:53am
post #8 of 8

No more cake for her?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%