How Can I Save This Cake??????????

Decorating By YouTakeTheCake Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 2:56pm by tcakes65

YouTakeTheCake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how I can save the cake I entered in the State Fair..... The category I entered it in, the cake had to be completly eatable..... I was worried that it wouldn't hold up for the enitre run of the Fair, however a friend just went to the Fair last night and told me it looks great.......... now I want to keep it but I don't know how to do it icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif can anyone help me????? after all my cake won so why wouldn't I want to keep it!!!!
Please please help if you can!!!!

5 replies
JoAnnB Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 6

You can take lots of photos. Unfortunately, the cake will eventually rot under the icing.

Biya Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 6

You could make a cake dummy replica of your cake and keep that one.

nickymom Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 6

As was mentioned there is no way to keep it will eventually rot & decay....if you have room in your freezer that may work to some degree but the then the icing colors may bleed etc.

Take lots ot pics from every angle, & closeups, etc. That'll be better than actually trying to keep the cake itself.

gateaux Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 6

Pictures Pictures Pictures. I kept of my SIL's wedding cake in the Freezer (forgot it actually) 4 years later the red accents had turned sort of pinkish in a pinkish pool or icing. So just take pictures. And share.

Good luck.

tcakes65 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 6

There is no way to save the cake, and even a dummy cake isn't going to last forever. If you take a picture, you can enlarge it to an 8X10 or bigger and display it with your ribbons. You will get as much enjoyment out of it as keeping the actual cake. BTW, Congrats!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%