Cookie Plate Packaging

Baking By tljkids Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 6:03pm by tljkids

tljkids Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 8

What do you think the best way to package a small cookie plate would be? Should I individually cello each cookie and then cello the plate and all? Im thinking the NFSC w/ meringue BC would need to stay fresh for about five days. If I don't individually cello, do you think the cookies will be OK with just the outer cello? Does anyone have any other ideas?

7 replies
JoAnnB Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 8

If you use meringue buttercream, it will smear and stick to individual bags. You won't be able to stack them. These will not stay fresh for 5 days. The cookie will absorb most of the moisture and become soggy.

dogwalkin Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 8

I recently made the NFSC and iced with Antonia's Icing. I wrapped individually and then displayed in a basket. The cookies were for people to take home as favors from a baby shower. HTH!

tljkids Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 8

The meringue buttercream appears to be dry. I did the base coat and let them set overnight. This will smear? I need to package as a dozen cookies on a plate that will be sold as a gift basket.

Edee Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 12:03am
post #5 of 8

I use the scrink wrap bags but I use Royal icing. Not sure with buttercream, good luck

tljkids Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 8

How do you shrink wrap a cookie? Do you lay the wrap on the face of the cookie and shrink that, then take the excess to the back and shrink it?

Edee Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 8

I use the shrink wrap bags already precut and then put the cookie in fold the excess over (on the back) and heat with blow dryer. It's really easy.

tljkids Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:03pm
post #8 of 8

Where do you get the shrink wrap bags? I'll have to give this a try. I bet it's very professional looking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%