Classic Pooh Problem!!!!

Decorating By YuYuYukai Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 8:47am by aine2

YuYuYukai Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 6

Alright, I have this huge cake to do for a baby shower on November 3rd. I want almost a twin of this cake:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=57332

How do I do the cake board, grass, clouds, balloons, and ribbons? What kind of wire is holding up the balloons?

Thank you!

5 replies
crazycakes2007 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 6

The baloons look purchased, I think I have seen them at Michael's. But, I know you could make those out of fondant or gumpaste and use floral wire (floral dept at Michael's, comes in green and silver). The cake board is covered in fondant... you could easily hand cut the clouds out of fondant too. For the grass, just hand cut the fondant, attach with a little water at the base, then pull a bit of the tip away from the cake. Good luck!

MomLittr Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 6

Why not just PM Aine2 - she can help you on this.

deb

Nic611 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 6

since that cake was done by aine2, why don't you PM her and ask? She is super helpful. She is always giving us tutorials of her work. icon_smile.gif

erinalicia Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

ditto what the last 2 said. pm aine2.

btw, that isn't "classic pooh". the pooh with the red shirt is disney pooh. sorry... just a pet peeve. my son's nursery was decorated in the classic pooh theme.

good luck, it's a cute cake! icon_smile.gif

aine2 Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 8:47am
post #6 of 6

I've only just seen this so it may be too late to respond. That particular cake was one I did for my grandson's christening. All the characters are hand made using sugarpaste (fondant) and CMC which is tylopur or tylose powder to strengthen it. This might help you with the board

http://www.flickr.com/photos/extra-icing/sets/72157594575839118

The balloons were made by hand too and I used 24 guage wire (I think!) The balloons were left to dry and then dusted with luster colours for a shiny effect. I looped the ribbons too and may do a little visual think on that. It's too hard to explain without seeing. At the moment there are too many things going on at the same time or I would do it today. Sorry if I am too late to respond but I hope some of this is helpful for you. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%