Please Help With Pricing For Halloween Carnival Cakes

Decorating By mchames Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 9:17pm by swingme83

mchames Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 4

I made these cakes for the Halloween Carnival at my daughters' school. I need to give them a suggested price when I drop them off. I'm really new at this and not sure where to start. Can you help me out?

Cake #1- "Fall is in the Air" 8" double layer vanilla caramel cake with choclate buttercream frosting. Pumpkins and leaves are made from MMF.

Cake #2- "Pumpkin Patch Ghosts" 10" single layer 'Darn Good Chocolate Cake' covered in MMF. Ghosts are fondant & Gumpaste, pumpkins are fondant.

Cake #3- "Mini Ghosts" Individual cakes made from mini bundt pans and covered with MMF. There are eight of them I was thinking $5 each. Is that even close?

3 replies
makenice99 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 4

I have no clue on pricing but your work is beautiful. They all look so cute.

mchames Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry, I double-posted the mini-ghosts. It's the first time I've posted pictures and I had no clue what I was doing!

swingme83 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 4

i wouls say $35 for the 8" cake with the single pumpkin. $5 per ghost is reasonable if not low (i am assuming they are like jumbo cupcakes/muffin size) and maybe $35 for the 10" but if it were double layer i would have said $50. there was a lot of work done on the 10" but the serving size is low becuase it is single layer. gluck hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%