I Love Chocolate Fondant!!

Decorating By ccr03 Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm by ccr03

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 10

So, I am making my sister's Halloween cake this weekend. I'm doing hers for free but have three/four other orders this weekend as well, so I'm trying to do as much prep work as possible.

Anyway, the Halloween cake is going to be black and red fondant. And oh my dear lordy, I love the chocolate Pettinice fondant!!!! I used maybe half the jar of Wilton black for 4.5 pounds and it's BLACK!!! And I know I probably could have used less, but I just wasn't sure.

But thanks to everyone on here for that tip! (Starting with brown to get black.) Oh, and the PEttinice chocolate fondant tastes GREAT!!!

I'll definitely be posting pics once I'm done!!

9 replies
sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 10

Do they have a white chocloate fondant? If you've tried it, is it good?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 10

Well you wanna know what good is???? Try the White Chocolate Satin Ice OHHHH MYYYY GOOOODNNESSS!!! That stuff rocks....beware when rolling pearls out of this stuff...more goes IN your mouth then on the drying plate icon_biggrin.gif

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 10

i usually order satin ice premade black fondant for when i need it, which seems to be fairly often but i can see how chocolate fondant would be yummy. maybe i need to come up with a reason to order it. oooh....my b'day is next month, i guess i'll make myself a cake!

ccr03 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 10

Pettinice only has chocolate and vanilla, and I only pay 11.29 for 5lbs - and you can't beat that!

I was thinking of ordering Satin Ice's remade, but considering the cake is free, I'd rather work more and spend less! (Althought it didn't take long AT ALL to color the fondant!)

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 10

CCR03, Does it taste like tootsie rolls? That is what I have heard but have not had the chance to try it yet.

ccr03 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 10

It kind-of does. ANd the only reason I say kind-of is because I really am not a big fan of tootsie rolls, and I REALLY liked the chocolate fondant.

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 10

wgoat5

Where can I get the white chocolate satin ice?

Thanks,
Chrisy

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 10:36am
post #9 of 10

Actually it is white chocolate chocopan ... You can get it at www.intotheoven.com icon_smile.gif super service and you will love it. You use about half the amount you would normally use with regular fondant on a cake icon_smile.gif

Hope you try it!!!

HtH's

Christi

ccr03 Posted 30 Oct 2007 , 2:18pm
post #10 of 10

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I posted a pic of the final Halloween cake. Hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1154771

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%