Bored Of The Same Cake Again

Decorating By paolacaracas Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 3:41am by jamhays

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 12

Do you have a cake that costumers ask you all the time, to the point you don't want to do it anymore?
For me is my baby dress cake, I have to do finish two for tomorrow and I'm so bored of doing this cake every week, I sitting here in the computer, avoiding going to the kitchen.
What is yours? post it here...

11 replies
Jenni2383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenni2383 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 12

Not so much the design yet, as I'm new to selling cakes, but the flavor. Almost all sheet cakes are half choc. half white. Come on people pick a different flavor!

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 12

I'm with you jenni, every cake I do is a sheet cake half chocolate half white. I would love for someone to order something different.

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 12

For the longest time, it was my Crawfish cakes! Luckily they have finally stopped (since the season is over). But I was doing 6-10 of them every week! Local businesses were using them as promotional items, and for customer appreciation gifts, as well as birthdays and crawfish boil parties.
It was great for my business, but I thought I'd scream if I saw another crawfish or corn on the cob!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 12

I think it's a great compliment when people ask me for the same cake over and over! Shows me the design works! And if they order the same flavor, then that means I can order in bulk, which increases my profit margin. The same flavor or design can almost become a trademark for you, so don't knock it too much. thumbs_up.gif

I can understand what you mean tho'. I got tired of doing Dukes of Hazzard cars back in the day!

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 12

I have made french vanilla/strawberry swirl for I swear 20 cakes at the same company. They ALL have to be sick of it. I know I am!!!

This time of year, I get tired of the same Halloween cupcakes OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I also do the same children's birthday cakes OVER and OVER. I don't even take pics anymore.

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 12

I agree with the cake flavors....mine tend to always be 1/2 white and 1/2 chocolate. I do however, sometimes have the freedom to do whatever I want for my repeats. It's great cuz I can do something different, that a lot of people will see, and then I'm able to show my creativity. HOwever, I'm starting to get tired of plan old sheetcakes....I have 3 orders over the next couple of days!!

Jenni2383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenni2383 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee2007

I'm with you jenni, every cake I do is a sheet cake half chocolate half white. I would love for someone to order something different.

I did actually get an order today for an Oreo Cookie flavored cake, YEAH! OMG, it smelled good, I used my own white cake recipe and just added the filling/topping to the Oreo Cake II recipe. I also used the Halloween oreos so it has some orange color in it. I should have made 2, because I really want to taste it!

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 6:03pm
post #9 of 12

that sounds sooo good. I just might have to make something like that . icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gif

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #10 of 12

Angie, I can see why your crawfish cake is so popular, it is darling! Makes me want some! I may have to go crab boil some potatoes!

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:08pm
post #11 of 12

ugh.... The flavor I'm over is my strawberry cake. EVERYONE orders it. It's gotten to the point that even my DOG won't eat the left over carving scraps!! I don't even need to look at the recipe anymore...

Sooooo over it.

C'mon folks!! I have a milliion other flavors!!! PICK ONE!! Well...a different one!!

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:41am
post #12 of 12

The stupid monkey cake!! I just did that monkey in class one night. It looked like it'd be an easy pattern to practice transferring technique with. I took a picture of THAT cake...then everyone that saw it started ordering them for birthday cakes! I told my hubby I was going to scream if I got another monkey cake order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%