Highschool Musical 2 Cake

Decorating By smt2sew Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 5:36pm by smt2sew

smt2sew Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone please give me some ideas for a Stardazzle award (from Highschool Musical 2) cake. My daughter wants a stardazzle award cake for her 6th birthday! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to make one. Any ideas would be appreciated. icon_razz.gif

5 replies
CakemanOH Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 6

I would do a square cake for the base and use pink fondant to cover it. I would use rice krispy treat and shape the stem and top of the cup and cover it in fondant and then paint it with gold luster dust. Finallt for the top star I would outline using pick candy melts and fill with the melted chocolate. I would then paint the border with gold luster dust to get that gold outline it had. You can use melted chocolate on the fondant and rice krispy cupo to hold in place or attach a stick to push inside to hold. That should give you a pretty good cup.

smt2sew Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you. That sounds great. I can't wait to try it out.
Sorry to ask beginner questions, I'm pretty new to the whole fondant and cake making thing, but do I frost the rice krispie post and cup with frosting before I put the fondant on or can I just put it on? Will the chocolate stick to the fondant?

CakemanOH Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 6

Nope...the rice krispy treat will be plenty sticky to hold the fondant.

CakemanOH Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 6

you could just use all chocolate too and place it on the cake.

smt2sew Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%