What To Do With Pralines That Didn't Set?

Sugar Work By ANicole Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 4:43am by ANicole

ANicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANicole Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:42am
post #1 of 6

What should I do with this tray of pralines that I obviously screwed up because they never hardened up?!

I'm screwing up A LOT lately! This has to stop!

TIA!

Amber

5 replies
ANicole Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #2 of 6

Wait... maybe they did set. I'm not sure. What are they supposed to be like? I haven't made them in forever!!!!!! They're softish yet hardish.! Help!! (Before I keep sampling them and then I don't have to worry about it because they're gone!)

cakeladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladydi Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:42am
post #3 of 6

Why don't you let them set overnight and see how they are in the morning? Sometimes if the weather isn't just right it takes a while. Next time dip out a couple and see if they look like they are going to harden. If not just be patient and let them cool in your pot a little longer. Don't leave them though just kinda keep stirring (to cool them down) and keep a close eye on them. Once you start dipping them out if it starts getting too stiff just return to the stove and add just a little more evaporated milk and stir until smooth again and start dipping again. Hope this helps.

Diane

ANicole Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:00am
post #4 of 6

I'll try that. Maybe they're not screwed up after all. I used Emeril's recipe - it has whipping cream but not ev. milk, by the way. Not sure if that matters.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:01am
post #5 of 6

Melt them over a double boiler or in the microwave and pour them over Vanilla ice cream, YUM!

ANicole Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:43am
post #6 of 6

That sounds sooooooooo good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%