daisy114 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:28am
post #1 of

It's been 3 days and they're still EXTREMELY soft and I don't have time to do them over.

TIA!

8 replies
tmt Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:34am
post #2 of

next time you make your fondant, add some gumtex. helps it dry faster. I'm not sure what you can do now about your existing figures that won't dry, sorry!

cwcopeland Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:29am
post #3 of

Yeah. There's not a lot you can do about it now. You may also try some Tylose powder in it next time. One teaspoon per 12 ounces of fondant. Works like a charm.

Kitagrl Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:39am
post #4 of

I use Tylose too, just dump some in while you knead it...

The best I can say now is warm the oven up a little bit and then lay the pieces on the rack and crack it open to let a draft and that usually helps a little bit. You have to make sure the piece has air circulation on both sides.

Good luck!

mommyandlovinit Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:41am
post #5 of

I use 50/50 mix (gum paste & fondant) and they dry very quick...I'm sorry but i don't know of anything that will help with your figures

sugarMomma Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:52am
post #6 of

Aside fron mixing with gum-tex or gum paste, which doesn't help you now, I also put mine on a porous, surface such as a sponge, to get air circulating all around. Then I put a fan on it to help it to dry.
Good Luck!!

daisy114 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #7 of

Yeah I'm not really sure what happened this time. Maybe I didn't have enough ps in the mix. I'll definitely try the tylose of gumpaste next time.

Thanks everyone! As of now I just got the fan blowing on them!

BrandisBaked Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:56am
post #8 of

Turn the light on in your oven (no heat) and put them in there.

I haven't tried that myself - but several people have recommended it.

Verina Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 7:17am
post #9 of

You can also put them right under a desk lamp (bend its head to shine right onto your figures). The heat generated by the bulb will dry them quicker.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%