Iso: Your Happy Thoughts!!

Lounge By Melvira Updated 28 Oct 2007 , 6:39pm by Melvira

Melvira Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #1 of 18

Well, I know some of you already know that I have a beautiful son that was born with a cleft lip/palate. Well, DH and I always wanted 2 kids, but after learning more about the increased probability of another child being born with the same birth defect, we were a little scared.

It's not that the CLP changes how we feel about our little man (he couldn't be more loved, it just isn't possible!) there is just a LOT of guilt associated with this for me personally. Although I know there is nothing that I "did" that made this happen, it feels that way. And I hate to put another child through this. All the surgeries, pain, etc. It's awful to watch!

BUT, I am a mature, intelligent person, so I know that whatever happens is going to happen, and I'll take it in stride, and roll with it. So... we are now 7 weeks pregnant with #2, and SO excited.

What I am asking for is a little of your positive energy. I'd just like some 'happy thoughts', prayers, whatever your personal beliefs are, that this baby is healthy and happy! I know that no matter what happens, we are already in love with him/her (them???) so it will all be good.

And until we find out all the important details, we are just going to assume that everything is perfect! I'll let you guys know when I finally do find out! Thank you in advance for your good vibes!!

17 replies
JaneK Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:42am
post #2 of 18

Congratulations Melvira!!!! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif and big hugs to you!!!!

Keep that positive attitude and I am VERY sure that every caker here will send you the sweetest and most positive thoughts your way.

Try not to worry and enjoy every moment you can of this wonderous event!!! Thanks for sharing your good news!!!

Melvira Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:15am
post #3 of 18

Thank you so much Jane! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Junecakes Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:38am
post #4 of 18

Congratulations! Just think your little boy is going to have a brother or sister (or both! icon_lol.gif ) to love the rest of his life. Siblings are a true blessing. Try to enjoy this awesome time in your life and your family's life. I totally understand where you are coming from and you have a great outlook on things. Keep us posted! Congrats again!

leily Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:39am
post #5 of 18

*grabs Melvira and dances the happy dance* Yeah! congratulations! My thoughts are with you and I am sure everything will be fine. It is when we worry the most, that we find out later we didn't have to...

TooMuchCake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:06am
post #6 of 18

Did you know you had a cupcake in the oven when I saw you in Tulsa? If you did, you're great at keeping secrets! LOL

Congratulations, Sweetie, I'm happy for you!!!!

dueter Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:13am
post #7 of 18

dueter Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:17am
post #8 of 18

Melvira Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:11am
post #9 of 18
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Did you know you had a cupcake in the oven when I saw you in Tulsa? If you did, you're great at keeping secrets! LOL

Congratulations, Sweetie, I'm happy for you!!!!

I DID and it was KILLING ME!!! I wanted to run around screaming it! I finally told MaryAnn on the drive home because I was dying to tell someone! I actually took the test that weekend at the hotel! DH and I had planned this out, and we were lucky enough that it happened right away, but I was bummed that he wasn't going to be there when I took the test. (But I couldn't wait until I got home... I was too excited!) But we've been blessed in the respect that we've accomplished our goal so quickly! 9 days after we decided to have our first child we got pregnant! Whew! icon_eek.gif Apparently we can't be undressed in the same room!! Hahahaha!

I am truly excited, and I thank you all for your kind words and moral support. I knew that I would find the understanding and the loving support that I so desperately need.

I want to stress again, that if anything 'happens' I am going to be upset of course, but I'll know there is a reason, and that I can do it! My sister put it in perspective for me with my 1st... She said, "Mel, I've thought about it, and I have the answer to that whole 'why me?' question that I know you've been thinking. It's because you can handle it. God knew I couldn't do it... and he knew you could. He knew he had this special, precious little baby, and that you were going to be the most perfect, loving mother for him!" Those words really touched me. It meant a lot to hear her say that since I've always looked up to her!

Anyway, hugs to you all!!! icon_wink.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:43am
post #10 of 18

LOL I really SHOULD have given you the horse!

(heehee, couldn't resist.....)

You're going to be fine, Cupcake #2 is going to be fine, and you have a lot of support around the ol' forums for when you need us.

ShirleyW Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:58am
post #11 of 18

Congtaulations Melvira that is happy news. I wish you all the happiness that babies bring into our lives. I do hope all goes well with a smooth pregnancy and delivery and a healthy, happy baby.

Ohara Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 10:53am
post #12 of 18

What wonderful news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Praying for a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy happy baby!!!

Memie Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 11:51am
post #13 of 18

CONGRATULATIONS on your HAPPY NEWS! Absolutely-positively (sorry, I live in a FEDEX town) sending Hugs and Happy Thoughts to you and prayers to God.

Jenteach Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:10pm
post #14 of 18

Congratulations! Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way! And I too love what your sister said about God knowing you could handle it. I actually said the same thing to my sister-in-law when her second DD was born with down syndrome - God knew she could handle it - He never gives us more then we can handle.

All the best to you during your pregnancy!

Rincewind Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:42pm
post #15 of 18

Congratulations- I wish you the best!

Take Care!

Melvira Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:24pm
post #16 of 18
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

LOL I really SHOULD have given you the horse!!!! If I'd have known that's all it would take, I'd have told you!! hahahahaha!! You're too sweet! thumbs_up.gif

Thank you everyone... you're helping me feel so good, keeping that positive energy flowing, knowing that it's all going to be ok, no matter what happens!!

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 4:31pm
post #17 of 18

Congrads Melvira! That is awesome news!! Your sister is right YOU CAN HANDLE IT!!! Your baby will be so soooo loved!!! I'm sooo happy for you & your DH!!! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 28 Oct 2007 , 6:39pm
post #18 of 18

Thank you TC, you're sweet!!

I have to admit, I did some more research today because I couldn't remember the exact odds, and my stomach did kind of a flip...

The first child was a 1 in 700 approximate odds for having a cleft.

This baby is about 1 in 30 odds. icon_sad.gif

My poor little angel... I am praying for you, but if it happens, we can handle it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%