Drying Fondant...

Decorating By shoup_family Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 1:33am by JaneK

shoup_family Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoup_family Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:49am
post #1 of 4

I'm using Michelle Foster's Delicious Fondant recipe. I need to make this cake. Will the topper and bow dry hard enough in 2 days to do this with fondant alone or do I need to mix my fondant with gumpaste?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1120103

3 replies
JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:28am
post #2 of 4

for the bow and topper, I would definitely mix it 50/50 with gumpaste. It should dry quite nicely.

I have just made some bows for an upcoming cake and they definitely dried in 2 days...

If it is not drying well enough, and you live in a humid area, put it in the oven NO HEAT but just with the oven light on...overnight should be fine.

HTH

JaneK Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:28am
post #3 of 4

for the bow and topper, I would definitely mix it 50/50 with gumpaste. It should dry quite nicely.

I have just made some bows for an upcoming cake and they definitely dried in 2 days...

If it is not drying well enough, and you live in a humid area, put it in the oven NO HEAT but just with the oven light on...overnight should be fine.

HTH

JaneK Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:33am
post #4 of 4

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%