White Chocolate Cake Recipe!!! Help

Baking By punkiin Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 3:45am by elizw

punkiin Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:18am
post #1 of 7

My best friends husband just called and needs a cake in less than 48 hours for my best friends surprise birthday party. He's requested a white chocolate cake. Does anyone have an extender recipe that I can add to a box mix to make it white chocolate??? I've never done a SCRATCH cake and I really don't want to try the first one on my best friend. She is the one that drums up most of my friends/relative business. Plus she wants the cool/whip cream frosting (like they have a walmart)...I don't know what that is either.

HELP!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gif

6 replies
elizw Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #2 of 7

i use duncan hines white cake mix. mix as directed and add 4 oz of melted white chocolate. sometimes i add a touch of vanilla as well. comes out good!

bakersdawn Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:19am
post #3 of 7

I know you said that you don't really want to experiment with a scratch cake on your friend, but the Swiss White Chocolate Cake recipe on this site is awesome. I used it for my sister-in-law's wedding cake last month and everyone loved it.
As far as the icing goes, I've only ever used buttercream, so I can't offer any help there.

GOOD LUCK!

sportsmom005 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:28am
post #4 of 7

I make a cool whip frosting that uses a pudding mix...I'll try and find the recipe.

Chrisy

punkiin Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:37am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizw

i use duncan hines white cake mix. mix as directed and add 4 oz of melted white chocolate. sometimes i add a touch of vanilla as well. comes out good!

So you melt the white chocolate and it doesn't get hard or leave hard pieces in the cake????

sportsmom005 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:32am
post #6 of 7

Here it is (I think). I made it for my son's b-day back in February...it was good, but I don't remember adding the powdered sugar for some reason.

1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
1 (3 1/2 oz.) instant pudding
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 c. milk

Combine pudding, sugar and milk. Beat at low speed about 1
minute. Fold in Cool Whip.

elizw Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 3:45am
post #7 of 7

nope. after the chocolate is melted and mixed in the cake it is good to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%