Washing Ka Parts?

Decorating By Dana0323 Updated 21 Dec 2006 , 2:27pm by Crimsicle

Dana0323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana0323 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 10

Do hand or dishwasher wash your Kitchen Aid parts? My manual says to hand wash the whisk, but what about the bowl, flat beater and dough hook?

Thanks!

9 replies
evesloven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evesloven Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 10

I put all my KA parts in the diswasher, whisk, dough hook, spade and bowl. I've never had any problems with it. Whenever I coat them with Crisco to keep the MMF from sticking to it, then I wash it by hand just to make sure all the greasy is off of it.

sweetdreams06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetdreams06 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 10

I try to hand wash everything (usually because I need it again before I run the dishwasher) but I have put everything including the whisk in the dishwasher with no problems.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 10

I also wash my parts in the dishwasher, the ONLY thing I have noticed is that some of the shiny chrome is gone but it still works the same as if it was new!! I just dont have time to hand wash dishes around here, and personally it feels like it gets more sanitized in the super hot water.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 10

I called KA a while ago about this, and they said that if they are the white plastic attachments, they go in the dishwasher but the chrome ones are not supposed to as they will loose their shine (, as TheCakerator said) and the coating MIGHT flake out. The bowls are dishwaser safe. HTH

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 10

I don't have a dishwasher so I hand wash the parts. But I'd hand wash the parts even if I did have one.

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 10

My mom handwashes them. She uses the dishwasher as a drying rack! icon_lol.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 11:31pm
post #8 of 10

I have done both! But before I bought my second bowl I had bc I needed it before the dishwasher would run!

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:07pm
post #9 of 10

I slap them all in the dishwasher with no problem to date.

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 10

I stick my bowls in the dishwasher. But, when I put the paddle and whisk in the dishwasher, a dark grey film formed on them that came off in the next batch of icing. UGH! I had to meticulously and carefully rub all of that off. Perhaps my dishwashing detergent is extra harsh or something, but it was a MESS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%