Help With Sizes..

Decorating By FromScratch Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 10:08pm by kakeladi

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 4

This cake was sent to me by my friend. I am making her wedding cake. I wanted to get some thoughts on the sizes. I was thinking 6-10-14? Does that sound right to you? I was thinking maybe 4-8-12, but the top tier looks bigger than 4".. especially after looking at my dummies. TIA!!
LL

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 4

regardless of what's in the picture, how many people is she expecting? If she's expecting 100, then I'd go with 14/10/6 (which is what I use for 100 guests).

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 4

I am more looking into specifics on thsi cake so I can better explain things to her. To me this cake looks like 6-10-14 so if she needs less servings I can explain to her how it will change her cake. She said she needed a cake for 80 people. Her wedding isn't until May so we have loads of time to work out the specifics, but I like to be prepared. I want to make sure that I am seeing thing right so I can better guide her.

She said that she has been "stuck on this cake" (her words) so I don't want to burst her bubble when the proportions are exact and I want to make sure that my brain is seeing it right.. if that makes any sense. I have been making halloween costumes and helping my mom fold tax bills (she'e the tax collector for her town) so my brain is total MUSH.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 4

I think you might be right, but it is very hard to tell from a pic. Once a gal posted a pic & asked what the sizes were and everyone guessed.........WRONG.
It happened to be a mini - something like 2, 5, 7 and most of us guessed 6,10, 14icon_smile.gif

I agree you need to work from how many servings she needs.
Stack up cake pans or styro to show the size. Really works goodicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%