My Cake Balls....yuck!

Decorating By lv2bake Updated 31 Oct 2007 , 6:56am by madgeowens

lv2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lv2bake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 4

Okay I made the apple pie with the apple liquor, but tasted awful, I also made pumpkin spice dipped in white chocolate. yuck icon_sad.gif
Can anyone tell me what kind of choclate they use in theirs to cover? I melted down Garadhelli chips but when they dried it was hard as a rock, and when I put the cake balls in the freezer and tried to dip them the chocolate sweated, it looked terrible, I also tried to wait until they defrosted and it looked like mush hard to dip. They didn't come out good at all. My family hated them icon_sad.gif what could I be doing wrong? I made sure I didn't put too much binder in them, but enough to make balls that were pretty firm (like a meatball, but smaller). What kind of chocolate do you use to dip them? I am so upset, but would like to keep trying I have heard so many good things about them. HELP!

Darlene

3 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:41am
post #2 of 4

I personally have not had any luck with these at all. Plus, I don't particularly care for them. But here's a bump in case one of those who DO have success can share their tip with you.

(And me too) icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 4

Duplicate request, for other responses:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-562375-.html

HTH

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 31 Oct 2007 , 6:56am
post #4 of 4

Have you tried using a candy dipper? If you do not have one try putting the cake ball on a spoon and then spoon the melted chocolate over the cake ball (over top the double boiler). Make sure they are frozen or very cold...when I make coconut eggs at Easter I know if they are not firm it is a big mess. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%