What Do I Need? Starting A Business.

Business By doreenre Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 2:37am by leily

doreenre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doreenre Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 2

So, a friend of mine and his father plan to open an "after-dinner, dessert restaurant and wine bar." This place will only serve desserts, no "real" food. They'll also have live jazz, etc.

Having seen my cakes and tasted my other desserts, he's invited me into the inner circle as dessert preparer and would also allow me to use the kitchen to bake/sell decorative cakes for weddings, etc.

This all being said, he needs details regarding equipment I'd need in the kitchen for the business plan...ovens, fridges, etc. And honestly, I haven't a clue! I've only ever made cakes/desserts for friends/family.

Can anyone recommend certain brands? The best place to buy from? Any and all tips are welcome! I'm terrified and excited at the same time! This is such a great opportunity.

THANKS!

1 reply
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 2:37am
post #2 of 2

I can't help with brands or what size of everything you will need. The best advice I can give is to call the health department or a commercial kitchen designer that is familiar with the area and what the regulations are. You may not use something all the time, but it may be required by the health depaertment.

Good luck with your adventure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%