Am I The Only One......

Decorating By roxxxy_luvs_duff Updated 30 Oct 2007 , 1:56am by 7yyrt

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:58pm
post #1 of 57

that is tired of all the whiney post?? OK so almost everyday there is a forum about how someones cake didnt get noticed Waaaaaaa!!!! Or how they arent getting the comments that would like Waaaaaaa!!!!! I hate to sound mean but am I the only one that feels this way?

56 replies
CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 57

Roxxxy, you are hilarious! I'm sure a majority of people feel like you.

It's a free service with thousands of users, we can't be picky. Everyone has different expectations of CC. We just gotta take what we get. I personally am happy when anyone looks at my cakes, and I don't think I do a bad job.

Other than that, some people just aren't good at wording things and/or showing excitement. You can make my brother's favorite meal and tell him you're taking him to Disneyland tomorrow and he'll say "Oh, okay...." like you dejected him. This is his excitement.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 57

ummmmm, nope...

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 57

Roxxxx I totally agree. Its like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you don't leave a comment there is going to be a post about getting no comments. If you leave a comment its not good enough. If you even viewed the picture, you better leave a comment, but it can't contain any generic words. Has to be constructive and totally unique, but remember not to be too harsh because you might hurt someones feeling.

I am personally happy when anyone takes a look at my cakes. Leave all generic comments you would like. Don't leave a comment at all. I really dont care. I really have more to worry about. I don't decorate cakes for the comments here on CC. They are just an added bonus.

Nic611 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic611 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 57

you definitely are not the only one...

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

that is tired of all the whiney post?? OK so almost everyday there is a forum about how someones cake didnt get noticed Waaaaaaa!!!! Or how they arent getting the comments that would like Waaaaaaa!!!!! I hate to sound mean but am I the only one that feels this way?

No, you're not the only one - just like when I did psych nursing all those years ago - I had to quit because I got tired of handing out the pity pot all the damn time. At some point, I just couldn't empathize/sympathize with some people's problems, ya' know? I was like Cher in Moonstruck - I just wanted to slap them, and tell them to snap out of it!! I'm not an insensitive person, but enough, already!!

Maybe mine is hormones - ya' know - old and that time of year icon_wink.gif

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 57

I could swear that a few weeks ago, someone posted about not getting comments, and someone else on the forum told them that so many cakes are uploaded every day, if yours doesn't get noticed, just put up a post asking people to look at the cake. I did this just yesterday, I had posted a new cake that I was very proud of and not too many people had looked at it. I wanted some feedback, so I (politely) asked for some on the forums.
I don't consider this whiney, I didn't ask for lots of comments, just if people had time, check it out and let me know what you think.
I get frustrated on here by people complaining about other people wanting CC'ers to look at their cakes. Isn't that why we put them on here? And isn't it natural to want people to admire something you did that you're proud of? I am more sick of people whining about the whiners.
Just my opinion, sorry if you don't share it.
Erin

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 57

It is ok with me if they whine, I guess. I don't like it when I respond to their whines and get attacked by everyone for my opinion.
For the people who really want comments on their cakes, we have 3 theme of the month things going:
cake theme of the month.
cookie theme of the month.
one tip theme of the month.
If you put a cake picture in there, everyone comments on it. So far we have about 3 photos in each one. If you want comments, get creative, decorate a cake for the theme, post it and set back and wait for the comments.

Lisa422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa422 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 57

Well said Wjk! I don't even like to post anymore because I'm affraid it's gonna get misconstrued and start a whole other argument. I still enjoy looking at all of the great cakes. But that's about it!

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:58pm
post #10 of 57

There are so many posts just like this one, that are way off the topic of cake decorating and the like, and that are destined to go nowhere constructive. Threads like this are just opening up controversy, I'd appreciate if a moderator could move this somewhere more appropriate or lock the thread, we all know where it's going anyway.

JMO, no offense inteded to the OP or anyone. It's just not constructive.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:03pm
post #11 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by valora387

I am more sick of people whining about the whiners.
Just my opinion, sorry if you don't share it.
Erin

Believe me I am in NO WAY whining. I just wanted to know if anyone else gets annoyed but the constent post about nagging about what they post and what people write and dont write. Its an everyday thing. I thought CC was here for education purposes. Everyone that post cakes on here work hard on there cakes so i guess I just think that no one should feel like there cakes should get more attention then someone elses. Everyone works hard on a cake they are proud of.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:07pm
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaMarieMTV

There are so many posts just like this one, that are way off the topic of cake decorating and the like, and that are destined to go nowhere constructive. Threads like this are just opening up controversy, I'd appreciate if a moderator could move this somewhere more appropriate or lock the thread, we all know where it's going anyway.

if you believe this thread should get moved , should all the whiney threads also get moved????

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:13pm
post #13 of 57

I agree.

I just read a post where someone she got one comment on the cake she/he made and post in the forum. One day after posting her cake she/he got 15 comments. Too much whiny.

Cake Central - awesome site

Lots of cakes posted everyday.

Lots of topics posted everyday.

Lots of members not everything can be seen by all. Be happy, enjoy the site.

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:21pm
post #14 of 57

I know that people will get upset with what I am about to say so please forgive me but isn't this thread then whining about other threads that have been started. Sorry but this is just my opinion!

I do agree that his is for educational purposes for decorating cakes and getting ideas and help. I feel that more of the threads have been less about cakes and what not and complaining what others have said. Things are being said that have been very hurtful to other CCers and that is not why we are here. I feel that we are here to help and enjoy eachothers creativity.

Sorry if I have offended anyone with this!!

rblee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rblee Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:15pm
post #15 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

For the people who really want comments on their cakes, we have 3 theme of the month things going:
cake theme of the month.
cookie theme of the month.
one tip theme of the month.
If you put a cake picture in there, everyone comments on it. So far we have about 3 photos in each one. If you want comments, get creative, decorate a cake for the theme, post it and set back and wait for the comments.

Where do I find these themes?

ccaluda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccaluda Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:16pm
post #16 of 57

I donât mind the whiners, or the people whining about the whiners. Or even the non-whiners sighing over all the whining going on. icon_lol.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:19pm
post #17 of 57

janicecold- you are not offending me. i just think that CC had turned into a big Wwwaaaaa fest and what we come on here for is getting lost in all these threads. i used to come on CC everydayto read threads and look at pics but now i been turned off by leaving comments because they arent good enough and generic and the person who posted the cake will be upset. if you dont like the comment you get turn your comments off and if no one sees your cake then sorry but dont post a thread just so you gets tons of comments because you have made people feel bad

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:29pm
post #18 of 57

ok i think the post are getting mixed up for some resons they arent coming out in the order they were posted lol

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #19 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaluda

I donât mind the whiners, or the people whining about the whiners. Or even the non-whiners sighing over all the whining going on. icon_lol.gif

LOL

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #20 of 57
Quote:

LOL

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:34pm
post #21 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaMarieMTV

if you believe this thread should get moved , should all the whiney threads also get moved????

Maybe there should be a forum topic subject of whineyness??

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:37pm
post #22 of 57

I just want to know if anyone can help me find a picture of Pumpkin Cake that seems to have disappeared. I swear I put it in my Favs but it's not there.

It was very pretty and well done, looked like it was ceramic instead of cake.

Can anybody help.

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:35pm
post #23 of 57

I don't mind drama-----I consider it an escape from my 4 girls and cakes. I guess I could look for it somewhere else but this is like a one stop shop.......the best of both cakes and controversy.............Lol

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:44pm
post #24 of 57
Quote:

What about lurkers that are reading about the whiners and the people whining about the whiners?

hehe icon_biggrin.gif

Nic611 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic611 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:55pm
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladivacrj

I just want to know if anyone can help me find a picture of Pumpkin Cake that seems to have disappeared. I swear I put it in my Favs but it's not there.

It was very pretty and well done, looked like it was ceramic instead of cake.

Can anybody help.

is it this? http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=76769

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:53pm
post #26 of 57

Thank you Nic611, but that is not the one either. It is very pretty though.

It is a regular pumpkin orange with some luster dust vines the own bit. I did search the galleries and all the ones I looked at were not it. I think I'm losing it.

darby822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darby822 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:10pm
post #27 of 57

Can't we all just get along? Seriously, we make cake people. Cake and cookies and lots of frosting. What could be better than that?

We also have a FREE site to learn new techniques and find inspiration. Can you imagine what it would cost to buy books and DVDs to teach us everything we learn here? I love CC but I do feel like reaching through the screen and slapping some sense into people lately. This concludes my whining.

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm
post #28 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

I don't mind drama-----I consider it an escape from my 4 girls and cakes. I guess I could look for it somewhere else but this is like a one stop shop.......the best of both cakes and controversy.............Lol

LOL!

cakescraps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakescraps Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:12pm
post #29 of 57

Isn't there a t-shirt that says " women must bi*ch or they will blow up"? icon_razz.gif

it does get a little old, but like someone else says, sometimes I need the drama. Sometimes I do think we all need to keep an open mind, though. We don't know each other and what we're going through. Sometimes this might be the only support system people have.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #30 of 57
Quote:

party.gif ....... tapedshut.gif ........ icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%