Holy Sh**!! I Can't Beleive This!!!!!

Decorating By BaltimoreCoutureCakes Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 9:08pm by fondantgrl

BaltimoreCoutureCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BaltimoreCoutureCakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 77

I can't believe someone made this cake. I wonder how much it cost. I can't put shrink the picture so here's the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ButterCremeDreams/HOLYSH

76 replies
Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 77

Yikes. That cake is unbelievable. Geez.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 77

I've gotten this in email twice so far this week! lol It's funny how things get around so fast.

Talented but I would feel ooky cutting into that....eeek! icon_eek.gif

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 77

WOW!! Unbelievable. Wonder how many hours that took?

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 77

That's unbelieveable! Someone is very talented! I'm with Ironbaker though-- If I were the bride, I wouldn't want to see myself get all cut up and eaten! icon_lol.gif

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 77

That's unbelieveable! Someone is very talented! I'm with Ironbaker though-- If I were the bride, I wouldn't want to see myself get all cut up and eaten! icon_lol.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:47pm
post #7 of 77

Wow! That is talented! I wouldn't be able to cut that!!! Maybe they just saved the top part? The body...Really neat!

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 77

All I can say is "WOW!" Now, that is definitely impressive! There is no way I would be able to cut into anything but the dress though!

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 77

That cake is remarkable, someone has alot of talent. I wonder also how long it took, and how much it cost. Wished they would have put a paragraph stating the cost and etc. Neat cake. Do I hear another WOW from the audience? WOW!!!!!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #10 of 77

Incredible!! Reminds me of some of Roland Winbeckler's lifesize sculpted cakes. The designer did a great job especially on her face. What an artist!!

teenteen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teenteen Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:02pm
post #11 of 77

Operator: 911. What's your emergency?

Bride: Could someone please send the police? There's a dismembered head on my wedding cake!!! (screams)

ROTHFLMAO! I got this email 3 times yesterday! It was a bit creepy thinking how that head must have looked on her table as she carefully put makeup on it-like a mortician. (Forgive me. I love horror flicks! There is a possible concept about a mad baker that screenwriter may explore here but I won't go there.) LOL

Anyhow, I admire her talent. I hope she paid for the hours she put into this thing!

T-

darby822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darby822 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #12 of 77

Okay that frightens me. Someone is obviously very talented but it would still scare me.

specialtdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtdesserts Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:04pm
post #13 of 77

It's a beautiful cake, that's for sure!! But I can't help myself.....

Do you suppose they saved the top layer for their first anniversary? Can you picture the head sitting in their freezer for the next year? LOL!!!!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:59pm
post #14 of 77
Theresa50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Theresa50 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:17pm
post #15 of 77

lmao...too funny specialtdesserts.. lol.. can't stop laughing.. but yes she did do a good job.. ( still can't stop laughing).. icon_biggrin.gif

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:11pm
post #16 of 77

OK - the cake and clay sculpture torso is beautiful, etc., etc. -

But, I want to know how that thing is supported and still standing!!!!

Was there someone under the table, praying to God it wouldn't fall over!!!

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:22pm
post #17 of 77

Isn't the person who made the cake a member here?? I thought I had seen her name somewhere on here (at least the name of her bakery, "Buttercream Dreams") That woman is talented I tell ya.
Great job, if you're reading this!!!!!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:25pm
post #18 of 77

Wow - that bride didn't want anybody or anything - especially the cake to steal her thunder! LOL! That's amazing!

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:36pm
post #19 of 77

Okay I have to ask...WHO DOES THAT? Why would you want a complete...replica of you as your wedding cake? Yes the baker is very, very talented... But WHO DOES THAT? Is it me or is that just STRANGE!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:34pm
post #20 of 77

I have one word...WHY? icon_confused.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:54pm
post #21 of 77

ok...difficult cake..but dammn..too freaky..

canoewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canoewoman Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:51pm
post #22 of 77

I agree, WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT A CAKE LIKE THAT MADE FOR YOUR WEDDING?. A bit too much into yourself I'd say. I think a cake like that is so tacky (although it was a wonderful job $$$$$) but it is the Brides day. I bet some people at the reception enjoyed seeing the knife stick into that cake (jj)!!

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:59pm
post #23 of 77

Ok, I have to agree with the majority here...this cake is absolutely amazing and the decorator very talented...but...it's just a little on the weird side for me...ok, it's alot on the weird side!!! Like, can't you just see this on an episode of The Twlight Zone!!!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:05pm
post #24 of 77

What I can't believe is the attitudes of CC members on this topic.

Some of the comments in the various threads about this cake are out right disrespectful and rude!

Can't we (of all people) just enjoy and appreciate the artistry, hard work and creativity that goes into something like this and not be negative? Sheesh!

tonedna Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:18pm
post #25 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

What I can't believe is the attitudes of CC members on this topic.

Some of the comments in the various threads about this cake are out right disrespectful and rude!

Can't we (of all people) just enjoy and appreciate the artistry, hard work and creativity that goes into something like this and not be negative? Sheesh!

I dont think it has to do with attitude or being rude ...a lot of the people are saying the same thing..the artistry of the cake is amazing but the fact that is in a shape of a person that is going to be cut is a little freaky...Thats not rude or an insult to the person who did it..is just and honest opinion that doesn't have to do anything on the talents of the person that created the cake. icon_confused.gif

txboog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txboog Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:20pm
post #26 of 77

I just can't help but wonder if...it was red velvet cake. icon_smile.gif

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:16pm
post #27 of 77

Thus far in this thread just about everyone praises the artisty and work that went into the cake....But I have to agree with everyone else, it is just freaky to see a life size version of ones self in cake. Nobody said anything about the artistry, but what a beautiful cake it is!! So please reconsider your opinion!!

tonedna Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:27pm
post #28 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by txboog

I just can't help but wonder if...it was red velvet cake. icon_smile.gif

i was wondering the same thing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif haha

simplysweet72740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweet72740 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:30pm
post #29 of 77

txboog wrote:
I just can't help but wonder if...it was red velvet cake.

i was wondering the same thing! haha

bwahahaha ME TO

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 6:43pm
post #30 of 77

The top of this cake is NOT cake, it is a sculpture she had made and placed it on top of the cake. That part will not be eaten.
Anyone who has a cake like that for their wedding are doing it to get attention. When you go out seeking attention you have to know there will be those who do not agree with your idea.
I am sure the bride had great fun with it and she doesn't care if we as decorators liked it or not.
It is not my cup of tea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%