Mmf With A Ka

Decorating By vickster Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 3:02pm by plbennett_8

vickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickster Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 9

I make my MMF by hand, but have heard a few CCers mentioning making it with their KA. I was wanting to know what your procedure is for that--thinking about giving it a try.

8 replies
elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 9

i read somewhere a while back that you could use a bread making machine. has anyone done this? it takes a lot of muscle out of it!

i've made gumpaste using my ka and my delonghi. i just use the paddle and mix.

meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 9

If you are going to use your KA to make MMF, make sure to grease everything! Smear shortning all over the paddle and inside of the bowl. I didn't do this and ruined mine! icon_sad.gif

The marshmallow shot straight up the shaft of the attachment and into the motor! Every time I turn on my mixer now, MM still oozes out! I can't get my attachments to lock into place anymore either.

Use lots of shortning.

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 9

I use my KA all the time and it works perfectly. I aklways use my dough hook and grease everything well.

mommyandlovinit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyandlovinit Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:34pm
post #5 of 9

I use the dough hook with mine, but make sure you give the bowl and hook a good coating of crisco it makes the job sooo easy!!!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhopar33

I use my KA all the time and it works perfectly. I aklways use my dough hook and grease everything well.

Mind if I ask, what size KA do you have?

nimsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nimsi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:44pm
post #7 of 9

icon_smile.gif me too!! Grease everything well and you dont have problems.

thecakemancan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemancan Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 9

WOW! this really helps! I got the recipe for it off of the wilton forums and the didn't say to grease the bowl. I have made MMF with my KA but I didn't know I had to grease everything. The Bowl got allsticky and the Fondant turned out less than par. and it was just a mess. Thanks for the tip.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:02pm
post #9 of 9

I am wanting to try to make MMF for the first time, and want to use my mixer to do it... Can someone give a step by step? What recipe do most use for the best results?

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif
Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%