Boxing Up Cookies

Baking By charman Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 4:34am by CindyM

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 6

I make the NFSC w/ Antonio's icing...love them!!! I have several customers that just want them in a box to later put on a platter. I was thinking of just putting them in a cake box with parchment paper between the layers...do you think that will be okay?

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 6

check out my photos I have a picture of how I have boxed up cookies with this icing.

I put a cake board in the bottom of the box for strength, then stack the cookies at an angle. I just recently did a lot of footballs and by the time they were in the box they were almost all standing straight up and down, worked great and traveled with no problems.

charman Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

They weren't wrapped? Did you notice if the back of the cookie cause the icing on the front of the cookie behind it to get blotchy or anything...meaning the oil from the cookie breaking down the RI?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 6

Nope they were not wrapped. That cost an additional $1/cookie if I do it so most people just want them boxed.

As for the icing breaking down or discoloring, have not heard any complaints yet. I have left them like this on a plate at home (hidden) to test it and did not have any problems.

The only time I have had problems with my icing discoloring is if there was some sort of grease left on my utensils.

charman Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 6

hmmmm....have my curiousity up now.

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:34am
post #6 of 6

I had a box of mini heart monogramed cookies that a customer was going to put each cookie on top of a cupcake, so she didn't need them wrapped. The only thing I noticed was a few very small grease marks on the outside of the box where the cookies were stacked up against the sides. But they must have tasted ok, because she ordered them again!
The 2nd time I used a grease proof doilly to line the box, but these were fairly small boxes. See my photos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%