I'm Fixing To Start On My 3Rd Wedding Cake...

Decorating By Melan Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm by lomikesa

Melan Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 3

And I am a bit nervous. Not as nervous as the last one but still nervous. Does that feeling ever go away?! No, that's not my question. I have a convection oven and w/ my last cake I noticed that the sides were getting done much faster than the middle of the cakes, like TOO done. Everything turned out tasting fine but I'm affraid it's going to happen again. I am going to try the flower nail trick this time -just heard of it! Any other suggestions?

My other problem:

I have been trying to get these drop flowers done, they are supposed to look like what some have said, apple blossoms, but I cannot get them done right. Plus, there is a drop flower made w/ tip 2D that looks just like I need it to, but when i saw how big that tip was I got scared and didn't buy it! I need these drop flowers to be about the size of a penny or maybe a little smaller. The bride said they reminded her of plumeria which is a flower native to Hawaii(where the groom is from). So... PLEASE send more help! If you know of a tip that would create the same as 2D please let me know! Thanks!

Here is the picture of the flowers, need them about the same size too, the ones on the swags and on the top of the cake:

2 replies
Erdica Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 3

Are you using cooling strips for the outside of the pans? It helps keep the sides cool so they don't get over done like you are talking about.

I can't remember which tip I use for the smaller flowers. I'll go look and post back. But they came out about the size of a nickel. But could be bigger or smaller just by using more or less icing.

lomikesa Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

You can use cooling strips, I make my own with old towels, I measured the circumference of the pan and add two inches, I soak the towels with water, and wrap the pans with it, I use a "T" pin to clip together, I also use the flower nail for the center, I bake my cakes at 325.

Hope this helps you,

Quote by @%username% on %date%