Arrested Develoment!!

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 29 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm by Marci

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 11:26am
post #1 of 3

I absolutely LOVE this show! Very sad it got cancelled thumbsdown.gificon_cry.gif So for my birthday, I would like to come up with some sort of Arrested Development themed cake. Anyone have ideas? My first thought was the Banana Stand, but I want something a bit more flashy. I then thought maybe the stair-car.. but not quite sure how I would make it. Anyone else have any ideas? I'll attach a pic. of the staircar for those who haven't seen the show and have no idea what I'm talking about... any tips on how to create that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
LL

2 replies
kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 2:58am
post #2 of 3

that's a really funny photograph... that would make a cool cake.

good luck!

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 29 Oct 2007 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 3

To do a cake like that I would make several sheet cakes to be craved and stacked together. I would make one that is the lower portion of the truck (basically from the hood of the truck down - and all the way back). Then I would use another sheet to be the top of the truck (with dowels). Then for the landing of the stairs, I would make it out of gum paste or fondant to sit on the top. Obviously the stairs would be craved on the backside of the sheet cakes. Hopefully you can understand all of this. marci

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%