Magic Line Multi-Wheel Cutter

Baking By cryssi Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 4:43pm by cryssi

cryssi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:13am
post #1 of 4

Anyone have this? I can't find it online, but saw it today at my local cake shop. It is a Magic Line multi-wheel cutter, like these Ateco ones:

I may have to do 60 dozen business card cookies, and am looking for any way to cut down the prep time. I'm wondering if this would be a good investment (I'm thinking yes).

Wanted to hear from anyone who has used it. Thanks!

3 replies
DianeLM Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 4

If it's like the Ateco cutter, the space between the wheels is not perfectly uniform. I bought one to make multiple ribbons, but the difference in width was up to 1/4 of an inch. When I spoke to Ateco, they said that this particular item is not calibrated to be perfectly equal since it's designed more for cutting brownies and other larger items where 1/4 inch is virtually unnoticeable. I returned it.

leily Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 4

Diane brings up a great point. The bakery I used to work in had one that was only off by maybe 1/16" which was great, but other brands might not be that close. See if you can take it out and test rolling it at the store. Take your tape measure with you.

Also, make sure that the wheels are secure and not wobbly, I have seen that happen before too and then your cut edges are not even.

cryssi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the responses! It felt nice and heavy, and the lady at the shop said that they use it for fondant. It was 59.99. I do worry, though, about what you guys have mentioned that it's not precisely calibrated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%