Another Fondant Question...........

Decorating By debiz1123 Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 5:04am by JoAnnB

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:57am
post #1 of 2

I made my fondant for a cake over the weekend and it has been in the fridge since then. I baked the cake tonight and am going to put it together when I get home form work. Can I take the fondant out of th fridge in the morning and leave it out all day to soften up or will I still have to micro wave it to get softened up.

One more question - I'm gioing to use fondant to cover my board and I'm worried wht I put the cake layers on and then try to do the crumb coat it will get on to the fondant board. Should I tort and fill and put the cake together, crumb coat it on something else and then slide it onto the fondant covered board?? Should I let the fondant on the board firm up a bit before I had the cake. Helpppppppp...... what would be the easied way Or do you think it would be easier to do it on the fondant board and just be carefull while crumb covering it.....

Can you tell I'm a newbie :}:}

Thank you sooooo much for any help you can give me.

Debbie

1 reply
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:04am
post #2 of 2

Fondant does not require refrigeration. You should take it out to warm up. It may still need a few seconds in the micro if it is toohard to knead.

Put your cake on a board the same size as the cake (10" cake on a 10" round) decorate it completely, except the bottom border, then transfer it to the fondant covered board. Be sure the base board is very strong. If not, it can crack the fondant when you pick up the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%