Anyone Use A Countertop Convection Oven?

Decorating By Edibleart Updated 27 Oct 2007 , 3:04am by brnrlvr

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:19am
post #1 of 10

I am looking for more oven space with less of an investment of space and money than a full oven. Would anyone recommend any certain type? certain size? How much do they cost?

Thanks, any help would be great!

9 replies
brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 10

I have a Deluxe convect-a-ray counter top oven which I love, but it was almost $4000. I think they have smaller ones. http://www.deluxeovens.com

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnrlvr

I have a Deluxe convect-a-ray counter top oven which I love, but it was almost $4000. I think they have smaller ones. http://www.deluxeovens.com

how many cakes can you bake at once? does it bake faster? tell me more! i'm considering a convection oven and haven't started looking at the pro lines yet.

brnrlvr Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 4:38am
post #4 of 10

It is a 4 full sheet capasity (sp?) oven. So I can bake 4 full sheets at one time. Or a 14, 10, 8 and 6 tier wedding cake all at once! It doesn't really bake any faster. The advantage is you can fill all 4 shelves at once. It is convection and radiant togeather. A true convection I was told actually moves the batter with the air flow so you get uneven cakes!

Edibleart Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:09am
post #5 of 10

Thanks brnrlvr! Sorry I didn't get back sooner - I must have missed the email notification! I have looked at the deluxe ovens but can't afford something like that right now. I just want to be able to have a couple things going at one time. Or be able to make dinner and cake at the same time, not to mention having it come in handy for the holiday meals!

I was wondering the same thing about a convection oven moving too much air that it dries out the cake. I was hoping someone would be able to help out with how the Hamilton Beach or Black and Decker countertop convection ovens work?

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:32am
post #6 of 10

brnrlvr -

thanks for the info! baking a whole wedding cake at once! sounds like paradise!!!

brnrlvr Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 4:42am
post #7 of 10

It is heaven! And baking a whole batch of cookies at one time is too! icon_smile.gif

I can bake a whole cake and all the half sheets I need in about 3 hours!

I have a brand new maytag gemini double oven range in my home kitchen that has convection which I just hate for baking.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 6:38am
post #8 of 10

I have a GE profile that I love to use for baking. I use the convection bake setting for larger cakes and cookies, and the nonconvection bake for smaller cake layers and cupcakes. I have never had the cakes dry out, even with convection, but small cakes seem to be affected by the "breeze", and end up very uneven. This never happens with my larger layers (at least 8"), which frequently don't even need leveling.

Edibleart Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 9:28pm
post #9 of 10

That's really interesting about the smaller cakes becoming uneven!

I'm green with envy over the thought of being able to bake each layer/cake at one time! I would have to invest in more pans!

brnrlvr Posted 27 Oct 2007 , 3:04am
post #10 of 10

Yup! The first cake I baked after getting my oven, I went " CRAP! I only have one pan of each size!" I didn't even think about it! So I still had to bake it in two shifts! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%