Annoying!

Lounge By moptop Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 1:53am by indydebi

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:53am
post #1 of 8

What's with this message???

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while."

I wish I could say I'm a fast typer but since I know I'm not, why on earth do I get this? It's always SEVERAL minutes between any posts I make. It's frustrating as heck as I can't post my reply for who knows how long. Makes me want to just forget it and move on. Why bother if it's going to require me to make several attempts to just post one response.

In fact, I've tried numerous times to try and post this message with no luck... hopefully this attempt will work! I don't want to give up the forums!

Is anyone else seeing this?

7 replies
moptop Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:56am
post #2 of 8

interesting. I now see there are two posts for the same subject .... something funky is going on.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:04am
post #3 of 8

With all of the updates that have been going on in the last few weeks there are bound to be bugs. I am sure that Jackie and Heath are working on getting them all out of the system, but it just takes a little time.

I know it can be frustrating as it has happened to me a few times also (and it always seems to be on the longest response ones)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:05am
post #4 of 8

Not to sound "braggy" but I am a speed reader and I type over 125 words per minute, so I get this message a LOT!

I also figured it just had something to do with the new change over.

When I DO get it and go back and re-type my response (and you're right, it always seems to be the LONG ones that it happens to! icon_lol.gif ), I will then "copy" my response before I hit submit again. That way, if I get the message, then I can just "paste" the message back in and won't have to retype it.

Now if I can just remember to copy my long reponses before I hit the submit button the first time ... just in case! icon_lol.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:44am
post #5 of 8
moptop Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:39am
post #6 of 8

OK - it's nice to hear I'm not alone. I've been doing the copying/pasting to work around it.... but I can't just go right back and post... it takes about 5 minutes for me to be able to have one take.

alas.

125 wpm? wow.... I can only imagine the work I could get done with that kinda speed icon_smile.gif

thanks all.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:43am
post #7 of 8

Is anyone else noticing that the posts are not in order? Such as in this post - http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5705584.html#5705584
one reply showed up BEFORE the actual post.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 1:53am
post #8 of 8

Guys! There's a server conversion going on. If you've ever been thru one, then you know it takes awhile to work the bugs out. Give 'em some time to get to them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%