Raspberry Flavored Fondant

Baking By nickollette Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 1:52am by crablegs

nickollette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickollette Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:15am
post #1 of 4

does anyone know how to make a raspberry flavored fondant? I want it to be whit so i can color it, but the customer wants it raspberry flavored. I tried searchign for it, but it turned out unsuccessful.

3 replies
JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #2 of 4

Try LorAnn oils...rasberry flavour...it is delicious and I have used it to flavour fondant before. You don't have to use much as it is quite potent and it will smell wonderful like raspberries! The oil is red but it won't change the colour of the fondant as you put so little in.

You can buy it at www.goldaskitchen.com (Canada) or probably at the local cake decorating store

HTH

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:35am
post #3 of 4

Something else you can do to kick up the flavor is brush your cake with a raspberry simple syrup.
1 1/4 cups of sugar to a cup of water bring to a boil, when lukewarm add your flavor. brush on your cake before you ice, adds nice flavor, helps keep it moist and helps it with being able to be at room temp longer sugar is a preservative.
I make a big batch at a time and divide it up, any excess can be stored in the fridge.

jibbies

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:52am
post #4 of 4

I have used the LorAnn rasberry oil before and it worked out great. You can smell the rasberry a mile away

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%