Chihuahua Cake Help Asap

Decorating By 8Tracie8 Updated 25 Oct 2007 , 12:29pm by Kavingate

8Tracie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8Tracie8 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:50am
post #1 of 8

I've been asked to do a chihuahua cake for a birthday this Friday........ she wants the dog to be 3 dimensional and wearing a diamond necklace.... 2 things she says she will never get. :O) I've never made a dog cake before and am very nervous! (And there aren't any pictures in the gallery) Please help me!! :O)

7 replies
8Tracie8 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 8

Would it be possible to use the puppy dog tutorial from just frosting on this one??

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 8

Yes-you could use justfrosting's tutorial. I did it a couple of weeks ago and it is pretty easy! If you look in my pictures you'll see the dog cake I did-it has the same colors and patterns as my dog, Daisy (in my avatar). Get a good picture of the chihuahua that you're going to do so you will get the colors right. The only thing is-does she want it standing? Because justfrosting's tutorial has the dog lying down and she uses the grass tip for the hair. Chihuahuas usually have short hair, so you may not want to use that certain tip-I don't know what other tip, though. My dog is a Jack-Russell which also has the short hair, but I used the grass tip anyway-it still came out good. HTH!! icon_smile.gif

8Tracie8 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 8

You did a very good job!! Thanks for all of your help.

Cassie2500 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie2500 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 8

Glad to help, 8Tracie8! Post your pictures-I love dogs-especially the small
ones!! icon_smile.gif

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 8

There's a lady on Flickr who does lots of dogs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/debbiedoescakesnet/

8Tracie8 Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 8

Her cakes are amazing!! Oh, if I could only be 1/2 as good as she is.

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 25 Oct 2007 , 12:29pm
post #8 of 8

I know, she totally rocks! She's very nice, so she might be willing to help you out if you pm her. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%