Pricing Question...

Decorating By SeptBabyMom Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 3:19am by leily

SeptBabyMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeptBabyMom Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:37am
post #1 of 6

.... sorry, I'm not sure how everyone feels about these pricing questions.

I've only recently started charging for my cakes and I struggle with telling people who ask what I charge? So I guess I want to get an idea of what other people in the 'business' think so I can feel more confident with my prices.

I had a potential customer ask me how much I'd charge to make another castle cake that I made for my daughter in September. It was alot of work. So I'm just curious what you guys would charge for this cake. What do you think it's worth?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1019063

5 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:47am
post #2 of 6

A lot of people around here charge $3 and $4 a serving of fondant. What size of cake is it? The servings would determine the price.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:55am
post #3 of 6

That's a really cute cake. I would charge $50.00-$60.00 for it. I have set prices for wedding cakes and sheet cakes but for 3D cakes I price them on an individual basis.
Prices are also determine by the area you are in.

jibbies

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:05am
post #4 of 6

I would start at $4 a serving for that. You do not say what size cakes they are or if all of it is cake or not. If you let us know we could give you what we would charge and then you could take it from there.

Very cute cake!

SeptBabyMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeptBabyMom Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 1:00am
post #5 of 6

It's a 10 inch round and a double inch round. Sorry for leaving that out.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 3:19am
post #6 of 6

well for the 10" i have it serves 38, I am guessing the second one is an 8" (?) which serves 20... so my price would be $232

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%