Why Don't People Put Down Keywords??!!!!

Decorating By brnrlvr Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 2:05am by lovely

brnrlvr Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:09am
post #1 of 35

I was trying tofind a picture of some cupcakes that I saw here and tried every word/group of words I could think of to do a search for them. Finally I posted asking for help and thank goodness CC'ers came through for me again! But...

WHY DON"T PEOPLE PUT DOWN KEY WORDS WHEN THEY POST A PICTURE?!!!

Come on people! Let us find your wonderfull work!! How many great ideas get missed when people ar searching for something because there are no keywords to pull up your work?

Whew! Okay, I'm all vented out now. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

34 replies
thecakemaker Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:17am
post #2 of 35

I'm with you on this one brnrlvr!

Debbie

GenGen Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:28am
post #3 of 35

i confess to doing this or rather not doing it and frankly the truth is i just forget to. weak excuse and not a good one but gods truth.

and i always promised myself when i had new pics to add- i'd make sure to do so icon_biggrin.gif

Chef_Rinny Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:21am
post #4 of 35

Hmmm... I don't think I have keywords on any of my pics. Ooops never even thought about it. Guess I should start doing that-can you add keywords to old pics?

SCS Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:31am
post #5 of 35

I do try to remember to put in keywords, but sometimes forget.

I recently put a photo on, and forgot to put in keywords. So I went back to edit my photo, and it wouldn't let me add any keywords. Has anyone else had that happen?

srod911 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:35am
post #6 of 35

I was hoping to be able to go back and add keywords to a few of mine...most have them, but maybe one or two don't. I tried a few minutes ago and it doesn't look like you can add keywords to a pic you've already posted.

nicolevoorhout Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:10am
post #7 of 35

If you click edit picture ALL your options come back up, the picture browse button and all the boxes you put your words in, you edit from there. You do not even have to put in a new picture, just ignore it edit the text and save.

This is not the first thread on this issue. The bonus is if you do it, when people do a search your picture is much more likely to be found, if you don't then there's a good chance it may never be seen again, the search function won't be able to find it.

indydebi Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:25am
post #8 of 35

I've tried to edit keywords and it works on some pics and not on others. I can't see a pattern (like it works on some old pics, some new pics).

Per the many other threads on this topic, many people are not aware that the key words are when the system is searching, so I think it 's just a matter of educating the masses! thumbs_up.gif

nicolevoorhout Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:35am
post #9 of 35

In that case you know what would be a good option is if it was a pre-requisite to add in keywords, i.e. you couldn't post until that field had been filled in! I must remember to make a suggestion of it, although with all the upgrades I rather not hassle the Admin with it! icon_biggrin.gif

Chef_Stef Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:40am
post #10 of 35

Because I'm too lazy, really.

lazy, lazy, lazy.

Sorry.

brnrlvr Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:37am
post #11 of 35

nicolevoorhout- good idea! Wait a few weeks and then sugest it! icon_smile.gif

nicolevoorhout Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:01am
post #12 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnrlvr

nicolevoorhout- good idea! Wait a few weeks and then sugest it! icon_smile.gif

OK but if I forget will you remind me? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

I just feel it is important because it was helps drive the search engine! icon_cool.gif

MomoTyty Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:00am
post #13 of 35

I know I am unable to edit keywords or edit the description at least on the photo I've been trying to update icon_cry.gif

arosstx Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:35am
post #14 of 35

I used to have keywords on ALL my pics...

Then a now-banned CC'r decided she would "borrow" one of my cake pictures and represent it on her cake shop's website as something she offered!

To hopefully prevent that from happening again, I began the very slow process of watermarking all my pictures. When I went in and swapped the wm'd pics for the original ones, somehow the keywords on most of them vanished! icon_cry.gif

I hope someone (wink, icon_wink.gif wink) fixes that! icon_lol.gif

brnrlvr Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #15 of 35

just thought I would bring this up again since there is a totally cute baby shower cake on the popular today cakes that has no keywords listed so no one is going to be able to find it again if they are searching! Come on people! Help us find your beautifull cakes!!

Janette Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:30am
post #16 of 35

We do it to drive people crazy

Merry1227 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:32am
post #17 of 35

What about those of us that have ugly cakes and never want them found, I know I have a few LOL!!!

T-Bird Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #18 of 35

I didn't do it just because I didn't really know what it meant when I originally loaded my photo's... I finally figured it out, but a lot of times just don't know what to put.

patrincia Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #19 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolevoorhout

If you click edit picture ALL your options come back up, the picture browse button and all the boxes you put your words in, you edit from there. You do not even have to put in a new picture, just ignore it edit the text and save.

This is not the first thread on this issue. The bonus is if you do it, when people do a search your picture is much more likely to be found, if you don't then there's a good chance it may never be seen again, the search function won't be able to find it.

Okay... newbie here. I've been trying to figure out how to edit for a few days now. Where can I find "edit photos ALL" ?

brnrlvr Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #20 of 35

Okay, I can understand if you don't want your cake found... icon_smile.gif

I just look at the cake and put down anything that I feel a person would use to look for it, such as- wedding, christmas, blue, snowflake, winter- can you picture this cake?

Merry1227 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #21 of 35

Ok went back and put in Keywords, Also found a number of spelling errors.

gateaux Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:50am
post #22 of 35

Someone should come up with a CC tutorial... wait is there one already?

Just a set of hint of what to do and what not to do. Easy to read and not too long...

I am sure we could start a tread that would be a nice welcome message that could be provided to all newbies!

Anyhow just my Idea. I try to remember to put keywords on all my cakes. I just think people forget.

Good Luck.

Merry1227 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 1:55am
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrincia

Okay... newbie here. I've been trying to figure out how to edit for a few days now. Where can I find "edit photos ALL" ?

Once you are in "MY PHOTOS" Choose a picture.
Under the description box will be three buttons in a row.
The middle one is "EDIT PHOTO"
you can only edit one picture at a time...I think, but thats how I just added keywords to mine.

ladyonzlake Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:03am
post #24 of 35

Yes, this is a pet peeve of mine...I can't ever find what I'm looking for. The other one is on the forums....why don't people use key word when posting? I search through the forums and see a lot of "HELP" instead of what the main problem is. That would really help out when I need some help and I'm searching for a topic.

patrincia Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:06am
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry1227

Quote:

you can only edit one picture at a time...I think, but thats how I just added keywords to mine.

Oh thanks for your reply. I actually tried that, but it will only let me replace the photo with another one. It won't let me edit any of the text. What am I doing wrong?

patrincia Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:10am
post #26 of 35
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh thanks for your reply. I actually tried that, but it will only let me replace the photo with another one. It won't let me edit any of the text. What am I doing wrong?

And it will let me change the photo album too... but that's it.

lovely Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:17am
post #27 of 35
Quote:

What about those of us that have ugly cakes and never want them found, I know I have a few LOL!!!

Well actually that is why I don't. I love my cookies(well some and they have keywords) but my cakes are way too off at the moment to be confident that they will be copied. Merry1227 yours are adorable so I know you didn't mean you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I just thought it would be easier if people didn't have to scrounge around newbie ones like mine (most newbie and beginners cakes are fantastic so I don't mean those I just mean mine)
Cheers
Leigh

brnrlvr Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 2:33am
post #28 of 35

good point ladyonzlake!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

We do it to drive people crazy

love it!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Merry1227 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 11:03am
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely

Quote:

Well actually that is why I don't. I love my cookies(well some and they have keywords) but my cakes are way too off at the moment to be confident that they will be copied. Merry1227 yours are adorable so I know you didn't mean you icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif . I just thought it would be easier if people didn't have to scrounge around newbie ones like mine (most newbie and beginners cakes are fantastic so I don't mean those I just mean mine)
Cheers
Leigh

]

Oh please!! There are crumbs everywhere!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%