To Cover Or Not To Cover....that Is My Question.

Decorating By floophs Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm by amoos

floophs Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 18

I recently bought a KA mixer and it has to sit on my counter due to lack of pantry space. For those of you who keep theirs on the counter, do you cover yours or just let it sit out? I know it's all a personal preference but those covers remind me of my grandma's house (sorry, I don't want to offend anyone) but I don't necessarily want my KA on display all the time either. I'm just curious what you do. Thanks.

17 replies
indydebi Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 18

I've never even owned a KA cover.

kelleym Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 18

I have a cover. Pros and cons:

Pro: It keeps dust and debris out of the bowl when it's not in use.

Con: It gets dirty and never looks the same after you wash it. Since mine is white, it shows stains also.

luv2bak4myboys Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 18

I'm just jealous you have a KA. It's on my Christmas list!!!

fourwidemans Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 18

My KA is one of my pride and joys, I wouldn't dream of hiding it under a cover. icon_smile.gif

aswartzw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 18

Cheap man's route: cover with a towel. icon_lol.gif

I'm still one of those in the minority who wonders when her KA will come along. icon_sad.gif

Jenni2383 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 18

I have two, one at home that I've had over 15 years and a new RED one at my shop. I would never cover them they are my favorite appliances!!icon_smile.gif

Wendl Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 18

I have my KA sitting out on my counter, too. I like the 'sculptural' quality of the design, so I don't mind it being on display. However, I have been using it more, lately, so a 'cozy' for it would be something else I would have to keep up with.
Just do whatever makes you happy. icon_smile.gif Your kitchen, your call! icon_rolleyes.gif
It's all good!
Wendl

fondantgrl Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:19pm
post #9 of 18

I have two, Pink and Blue.. and I do not cover them...they're on my kitchen counter to display

I have the bowls in the pantry though. I wash the bowls and wipe everything b4 I use it.. icon_smile.gif

tkdnvymom Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:23pm
post #10 of 18

I have mine covered with a dish towel just to keep dust out, especially now with all the wildfires around us. I plan on making a clear plastic cover for it. I just like the look of it. I have the empire red one.

dadams Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 18

I agree with kelleym
Pro: It keeps dust and debris out of the bowl when it's not in use.

I love my KA and keep it clean with a cover
mine is tan which fits in with my colors in the kitchen
I have not washed it yet
but I may wash it by hand instead of washing machine

I like it better without a cover
but I dont want to keep cleaning it because of the grease and grims from the kitchen either

srod911 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 18

My violet beauty sits on my counter without a cover, I'm afraid she would smother to death icon_lol.gif and my daughter's cobalt blue one sits on the opposite counter...very proudly displayed. She doesn't heistate to tell everyone which one is hers and she's oly 15. When my chrome one comes in (sometimein December...hurry up Lowes!) I may have to get rid of the microwave to make room for it. icon_eek.gif

springlakecake Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:34pm
post #13 of 18

No cover here! She's my baby!

seebring77 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:33pm
post #14 of 18

I AM SO PROUD OF MY COBALT BLUE KA I PURCHASED IN 1998 I WOULD NEVER COVER IT. IT IS THE STAR OF THE KITCHEN

tyty Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:49pm
post #15 of 18

No cover for me, I love the look.

elizw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:52pm
post #16 of 18

i have a ka and a delonghi and don't cover either. the both sit on my counter in different parts of the kitchen.

i used my ka for years and it is still going strong. my husband surprised me with a delonghi and all i can say is .... it rocks.

mgdqueen Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #17 of 18

I have two that match my kitchen accessories. I wouldn't dream of covering them. They're too pretty. icon_biggrin.gif They are pretty much in use every day anyway, so they don't have time to get dusty!

amoos Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm
post #18 of 18

No cover....I just wipe mine down with a clorox wipe (not the bowl) after I'm done with it....stays really clean since I'm always using it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%