Just Got My First Cake Job!

Decorating By Cestlaviecakes Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm by gidgetsmom

Cestlaviecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cestlaviecakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 10

Well sort of job. My brother is getting married in December, and I have offered to do their rehearsal dinner cake (Grooms cake) as a gift. This will be for roughly 60 people. I wanted to possibly top the cake somehow with chocolate covered strawberries. Anyone have any advice on doing a Grooms cake?

9 replies
JoJoMac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJoMac Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 10

Hi there, I am actually getting ready to do my first order as well and wanted to just say hello and let you know you will do great. I am making 2 birthday cakes for my manager's children. Keep the faith, you will do great! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

elizw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 10

the only advice i have for the grooms cake is to ask the bride for suggestions to make it personal....his likes, hobbies, humor. some brides like to surprise the groom with the cake. the grooms cake is often times the only reflection of the groom since the wedding is all about the bride. since it is your brother you already know him but it might be nice to ask the bride anyway. there might be something special she would like to incorporate.

i'm sure it will be lovely and appreciated. the nicest gifts are the ones we put our hearts into.

best of luck!!!

OliviasCakeBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OliviasCakeBites Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:16pm
post #4 of 10

Congrats on your first job! CC has a section for groom's cakes and many of them have chocolate covered strawberries to get an idea of what you'd like to do yourself. I agree with asking the bride about her suggestions and also think about what your brother likes....sports teams, music, etc.

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 10

Here's a picture with Chocolate Covered Strawberries... I know it's a wedding cake, however it may give you some ideas on how to top the cake you are making with the strawberries. I hope the attachement works.
LL

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 12:04am
post #6 of 10

You might have to get a few more details, like size, flavors or colors. But the CC galleries are bursting at the seams with amazing cakes that will give you so many wonderful ideas. This is one in my favorites.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=539693

I know it's a birthday cake but it could easily pass as a Groom's cake in the right size. Good luck I'm sure it will turn out great.

Pama2d Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 10

Cestlaviecakes .... I just ran across this site that may help you with your cake as well. She has a section on grooms cakes, quite a few with chocolate covered strawberries. Check out www.dianescakesandmore.com. Hope this helps.

post #8 of 10

Cestlaviecakes .... I just ran across this site that may help you with your cake as well. She has a section on grooms cakes, quite a few with chocolate covered strawberries. Check out www.dianescakesandmore.com. Hope this helps.

post #9 of 10

gidgetsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetsmom Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #10 of 10

I think Chocolate covered strawberries are a great idea for grooms cake.

It would be nice to get their input on what they want.

And WOW to that website. Some beautiful work there too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%