Photos

Decorating By CAKEARTIST Updated 26 Oct 2007 , 7:28am by JanH

CAKEARTIST Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKEARTIST Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone,

I need help with taking photos of my cakes and cookies. When I take pictures they do not come out well, especially my cakes with white or very pale icing. I have seen some wonderful photos here. What kind of camera should I be using? I have a digital camera which I believe is a 3.2 megapixel.

3 replies
kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

I find that my photos turn out better with natural light. Flashes always make them too bright!

I try to take my photos far enough away that the flash doesn't create a glare. Does your camera have a zoom lens? Then that should help with it too.

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 4

We recently bought a new digital camera out of necessity, and discovered looking from our new pictures to our old pictures, that we were due for an upgrade anyway. Our old camera was a 3.1 mp and our new one is a kodak easyshare 6.2 mp and the colors and lines are all so much clearer now.

If your white or pale based cakes are washed out, try placing them on a darker background that's all one solid color. Take the picture from 8 to 14 inches away, using a zoom if you can to get close ups of the details.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Oct 2007 , 7:28am
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%