How To Quote

Decorating By jibbies Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm by BCJean

jibbies Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 14

How do you go about quoting more than one person in a post. I know how to quote one, you just press the quote button at the top of their post. Also how do you make a partial quote.

Jibbies

13 replies
jibbies Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 14

Hey, Anybody!

susies1955 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

How do you go about quoting more than one person in a post.

Quote:
Quote:

I know how to quote one, you just press the quote button at the top of their post. Also how do you make a partial quote.

Jibbies,
You have to put the word quote inside of brackets like these [ ] at the beginning and then add what you want to quote and then at the end of the sentence or paragraph you add brackets [ ] with the word quote with a slanted slash in front.......like this /quote. I can't actually do it for you as it would come up looking like a quote. icon_smile.gif
Holler if you don't get it and I can email you about it,
Susie

daranaco Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 14

how do you get the dark black text that reads "Quote:" before the quote? That part has alwasy eluded me!

susies1955 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 14

The word Quote: in dark black above the acutal quote is just a part of the code that is read and shows up with every quote. icon_smile.gif
Susie

jibbies Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 14

[quote="daranaco"]

Quote:
Quote:

That part has alwasy eluded me!

This is going to end up being a funny looking thread because I am going to figure this out one way or the other

jibbies

jibbies Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 14

okay I think I got that part just put quote at the beginning of what you want to quote and then delete the rest? is that right?
Now what if I want to takes quotes from two different posts and incroporate them into my post
You know where people have a box with a qoute and then there a bigger box around it from someone else.

jibbies

susies1955 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 1:38pm
post #8 of 14

I'm not sure how to answer you with your last question. Show me a post like that and I can figure it out though. icon_smile.gif

Ignore the spaces and this is how you quote. There can be no spaces anywhere.

[ quote]Then copy and paste what you want here.[ /quote]

Yes you delete any crap you don't want.

Susie

daranaco Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 5:42pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

Ignore the spaces and this is how you quote. There can be no spaces anywhere.

just checking to see if I'm doing this correct.

I pressed the Quote button, then copied and pasted the sentence, then pressed the quote button again. I randomly picked a quote from susies1955.

BCJean Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 14

I am having troubles with this also. I would like to do a practice one.
[quote]This is going to end up being a funny looking thread because I am going to figure this out one way or the other [/]

BCJean Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:09pm
post #11 of 14

ok it didn't work for me, what did I do wrong?

indydebi Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:22pm
post #12 of 14

If I have two people I want to quote:
- I hit the 'quote' button.
- I copy whatever is in the text-box.
- I hit the back button and go back to the thread.
- I find the 2nd person I want to quote and hit the quote button on that one.
- I then paste the first quote into the text-box.

I put a lot of space between the two so I can add my comments where I need them.

If I want to quote 3 or more people, I open a word document and just copy-n-paste each quote onto the word doc. WHen I've got them all, I paste the whole thing into this text box, space out where I need, add comments where I need.

Copy-n-Paste.....it's a beautiful thing! thumbs_up.gif

susies1955 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:50pm
post #13 of 14

[quote="BCJean"]I am having troubles with this also. I would like to do a practice one.

Quote:
Quote:

This is going to end up being a funny looking thread because I am going to figure this out one way or the other [/]

You needed to type the word quote after the /
Susie

BCJean Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:29pm
post #14 of 14

[quote="daranaco"]

Quote:
Quote:

just checking to see if I'm doing this correct.

[quote="indedebi"]

Quote:
Quote:

If I have two people I want to quote:

If this isn't right I am going to stick to cake decorating and not try to figure computers out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%