Anyone Dressing Up?

Lounge By Iheartcake Updated 24 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm by lilacc01

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:39am
post #1 of 13

Anyone dressing up for Halloween?? I love hearing what people come up with. Either you or your kids.. what's everyone going as?? My sister's throwing a party this year and I'll be dressing up for the first time in Years and I'm excited!! I looked online and I'll be going as ... Cake!! haha. Actually a girl jumping out of a cake.. if the costume comes together. But I thought how appropriate! Anyone else?

12 replies
bec_elias Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bec_elias Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 13

I'm trying to get my 3 kids to be the three little pigs and my husband the wolf. I'm not sure they are going for it icon_lol.gif

plustwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plustwo Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 13

I just finished sewing a lion costume for my 17 mo daughter. I made matching ears for both my husband and myself. I am very excited, however, I hope she doesn't spend the whole evening pulling on her mane.

I love the three little pigs idea!

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 13

I'm going as the cat in the hat and my 2 dogs are Thing 1 and Thing 2. They actually made it as 4 finalists nation wide at Petco.com if you get a chance hop on over and vote for Maximus and Dantes as Thing 1 and Thing 2 but that's what we are dressing up as, and I made the outfits.

Iheartcake Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 13

Oh my word Shaynamills, you're dogs are too cute!!! I just went and voted and they are so adorable!! What did you use to colour their fur? Can't wait to see pictures of all these icon_wink.gif

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartcake

Oh my word Shaynamills, you're dogs are too cute!!! I just went and voted and they are so adorable!! What did you use to colour their fur? Can't wait to see pictures of all these icon_wink.gif

Thank you very much, we just used the hair color spray that they sell in the Halloween section. I tried a small section 1st and it rinsed right out with just water so I felt safe using it. Those are my precious babies and they are so cooperative with their mama dressing them up like real children. I too can't wait for everyone to post their pictures of what they dressed as.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 13

Shayna, Maximus and Dantes are adorable! icon_lol.gif Good luck! I would love to see a complete picture of the 3 of you all dressed up.

I laughed out loud at the other picture of "Bear the Golfer" - what a cute outfit.

Usually my workplace goes all out for Halloween with a big competition (every department picks a theme and dresses up/decorates) but it was canceled this year because too many are busier than usual. icon_cry.gif We were so disappointed but people can still dress up individually.

So I am trying to decide on what to do with myself and my office. Either a geisha, which I'm really leaning towards since I have so much asian decor I can use and two kimonos. Or Lucy from Peanuts. People are always topping in here venting, asking for help/advise, etc...I need to start charging. "Psychologist is IN". icon_razz.gif

I just don't want to have to go out scouting for that blue dress and wig.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 13

It took me forever to decide on a costume for my sister's party, but I finally decided.

I'm going as an 80's punk rocker. The clothes is all mine (Ramones t-shirt, fishnet stocking, combat boots, jean skirt), so the clincher is going to be my hair. I'll be spiking it all up in a mohawk and dyeing it blue.

Did I mention that my hair is about two inches away from my waist? icon_smile.gif

I am SOOO excited about it!! I just hope it comes out now icon_wink.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 3:11am
post #9 of 13

My 2 yr old daughter will be going as "Mr Rogers", her choice... I've put together an outfit for her and made her a trolly bucket for candy.

as for myself and my husband... we're going as characters from our favorite movies.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 5:09am
post #10 of 13

My youngest who is three is going as an Oompa Loompa (from the original movie).

Five year old...Ninja Turtle

Eight year old....Apu from the Simpsons, lol. I told him he could be whatever he wants and that is what he picked.

Ten year old...not sure, but will probably do something like a zombie.

Iheartcake Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 10:23am
post #11 of 13

K2cakes wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

My 2 yr old daughter will be going as "Mr Rogers", her choice... I've put together an outfit for her and made her a trolly bucket for candy.

Don't you Love what kids come up with??!! That's awesome!

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 1:06pm
post #12 of 13

Iheartcake-
Yes, she is quite imaginative... we thought we'd have creative control for one more year, but it goes to show you how independent (and creative) kids really are. thumbs_up.gif

Besides, I think Mr Rogers is a wonderful roll model. I'm making her a few puppets from the show to take along so people know who she "is".
I can't wait to slick back her hair... this is going to be so fun!

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 24 Oct 2007 , 2:01pm
post #13 of 13

How cute are those dogs! I love Poms! I voted for them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%