What Are The Chances That His Ipod Is Still Alive?

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm by Daisys_Cakes

wgoat5 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:20am
post #1 of 10

Son left ipod in shorts

Mom washed shorts with Ipod in them

Son is very upset with mom that his ipod was washed...

Son asks what are the chances my ipod will survive?

Mom says I DONT KNOW....

I guess I should of checked his shorts!!!

So what are my chances this little LIFE of his will work again?

9 replies
Iheartcake Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:37am
post #2 of 10

OH nooooooo!!! I can't imagine thc chances are very good icon_sad.gif I can feel for your son though.. my dog used mine as a chew toy when he was a puppy icon_mad.gif Mine didn't survive in the least thumbsdown.gif

wgoat5 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 11:41am
post #3 of 10

Darnit! That's what I thought!!! So if I get him a new one for Christmas can he use his downloads that he bought for the old one for his new one?

peg818 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 10

i would take it to apple and ask them to look at it. It might be able to be saved, but will have to be throughly dried out before turning back on.

happened with my sons cell phone, but he jumped in the pool with it in his pocket, it took a couple of days to dry and we put in on the dehumidifier to help it along, but it ended up being fine.

pearlt1000 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 10

My daughter's MP3 player and cell phone have gone through the wash. I let them dry for about a week (don't turn them on or they will short out). The MP3 player works perfectly. The camera on the phone is damaged, but everything else works normally. The key is to let it dry completely before turning it on.

leily Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 10

whatever you do, DO NOT turn it on until it is completely dry!! Once it is turned on and there is the slightest bit of moisture in there it will short it out and not work anymore.

I have not tried this but I have read where people put it in a container with rice (and the rice is suppose to draw out the moisture) for a week and then it should be dry.

I have dropped my phone in the water before, turned it off right away, let it sit with a fan on it for a day or two and it was fine (althought it was really hot during the summer, so during the winter it may take longer)

wgoat5 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 10

Well my stomach just about turned when I found it icon_sad.gif those things are NOT cheap....but I tell the kids....Mom doesn't always have time to check pockets SO remember to check them. I guess I should have been more careful but so should he!!!!

Gonna let dry for a week and check it....I mean it went through a complete cycle of wash and 5 min. in the dryer icon_sad.gif so I'm praying

rezzygirl Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 10

My son washed his cell phone and same thing.. let it dry out for a few days and it worked again.

Usually with an ipod, you use itunes. You have to download the music/videos to your computer first, then hook in the ipod to transfer the data. The computer always overrides the ipod, so if he needs to get a new ipod, he can easily get his stuff back onto the new one.

donnalea Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 10

I dropped my brand new (less than 1 month old) 40 GB video ipod in the water while getting a pedicure. I almost cried! We let it dry out, but then when we turned it on, it had an icon with a frowny-face and the web address for service. We reported the problem and Apple replaced it for free. I was really surprised. They sent us a shipping label for it, we returned the ruined one, and then they sent us a new one.

The guy doing the pedicure thought he was really funny. When the pedicure was done and I asked him how much it cost, he pointed to my Ipod and said "about $250.00." He laughed ... I wanted to kick him icon_smile.gif

If your son's ipod is pretty new, maybe Apple will replace it.

Daisys_Cakes Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 6:26pm
post #10 of 10

Once my dad had to take a picture of a crack in our pool for "documentory purposes" and he insisted on using mine since he still uses film and he acidentally dropped it in the pool. I was SOOOOO upset but fortunatly after it dried out on the deck for a couple of hours it was fine exept the shoot button did not always work on the first press.

Hope everything works out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%