Curious--Anyone Ever Have A Groomzilla???

Decorating By cakeatopia Updated 23 Oct 2007 , 9:39pm by tarheel

cakeatopia Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:50am
post #1 of 5

I don't do wedding cakes--this is mainly for my kids and friends--I have read BRIDEzilla stories and was wondering if there were any groom stories.

I am not sure I'd ever do wedding cakes even if I got really good at this.
Y'all are saints to have deal with some of these people!

4 replies
Cakery Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 5

Yes....I did back a few years ago. He had a job as a window display consultant.....so the guy knew his decorating style, etc. The bride to be said the whole decorating theme was up to him.....he came, brought a picture of a cake that was like the stacked packages....only he insisted that he would make all the REAL RIBBON BOWS.....and would come to my shop when I got ready to add them on......and then he met me at the reception hall and we put the cake together!!! He was very anal about the whole color theme.....made sure I matched it all the right shades, etc. He never got mad or anything like that....or ugly....but he was very picky and wanted it all just so. And at the reception.....people started bringing in the gifts.....and they started stacking them on the cake table....because they thought the cake was a big gift!!!! We had to make sure no one stacked gifts on the cake!

aswartzw Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakery

And at the reception.....people started bringing in the gifts.....and they started stacking them on the cake table....because they thought the cake was a big gift!!!! We had to make sure no one stacked gifts on the cake!

That's too funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif At least you know you're cake was realistic!

cakedesigner59 Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

I had a couple of picky grooms but the one that stands out the most is the guy who started fighting with his fiancee at my house when they were ordering the cake. He wanted stairways, bridges, the fountain, plus he wanted to know if I could put fireworks shooting out the top and birds flying off it. (And mind you, this was all very pre-Duff). She wanted something "simple". They got so heated in their discussion I had to leave the room. Finally, when they couldn't agree, I told them to go home and talk it over and call me back...they never did. I pray they never got married!

tarheel Posted 23 Oct 2007 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 5

Just had to respond tothis one! In the past 2 months I had a nephew and a neice get married. The girls were great to work with but I quickly (and affectionately) named my nephew and the nephew to be "groomzilla's). They weren't bad to work with but both very much into the details...the girls had a few ideas and then didn't care but the boys questioned most everything. I did both cakes and directed both weddings...yes, we're still speaking and had a great time at both weddings...but those 2 will forever be "groomzilla's" in our family!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%